What Frame

stevecoust

id say the adamant a1 its cheap looks the part and rides a buet and its made from the same guy who makes the zoo's i believe so its gonna be a great frame, also the whole area of the bb is cnced so super strength there, downside with the frame is with my mates adamant the crank rubs on the brake cilinders, but he was using a koxx rim, he has changed to a alex DX32 and it still rubs the tinyest bit so a ronnie would be great for this frame i believe apart from that the frame is superb

hope this helps ric

The Adamant is advertised as having shorter chainstays and the same BB rise as the HIFI... the wheelbases are advertised as being just shorter and just longer than the HIFI advertised wheelbase. I am curious as to why the Adamant seems to be getting so much positive press and the HIFI, with very similar sounding geometry and a lot longer in the field seems to get more negative press than positive these days.

It seems that the combination of short chainstays and very high BB makes for a "twitchy" feel. Pretty much all the KOXX stock bikes run 380mm or greater chainstays... including the Vinco.

The HIFI is criticised as being twitchy with its BB rise and short chainstays, and the Adamant is claiming to have even shorter chainstays!

So can anyone suggest why the Adamant will be so much better than the HIFI? I wonder if it is down to it being the "latest, greatest, best looking thing on the block"... the stated geometry figures suggest it might be more twitchy than the HIFI.

I will be interested if anyone can suggest any logical reasons why the A1 will ride in a significantly different manner to the much slated HIFI.

with my mates adamant the crank rubs on the brake cilinders, but he was using a koxx rim, he has changed to a alex DX32 and it still rubs the tinyest bit so a ronnie would be great for this framehope this helps ric

Or maybe get a slighly longer bottom bracket axle? :- The bike is displayed on their website built up with 2006 Echo rims which are even wider than Koxx so the bike should take a wide rim.

xDani x