Mod Tyres

downhill_rob2@hotmail.com

Hi people, iv been wondering,

Im really sick of only having 2 GOOD types of mod tyres to choose from, maxxis' CC's or Try-all's

I was just looking on TB and seen that maxxis have been making quite a few stock tyres, with really good tread patterns and stuff, so why dont they make mod tyres in these patterns n stuff?

Edited by terror-error

I doubt that tread pattern matters that much for grip. As Joe said, there is quite a bit of choice around, not nearly as much as stock, but still a good variety. Monty for one, is supposed to be the most pinch resistant mod tyre out there? I think so too seeing how my unicycle friend keeps dropping off big walls with a Monty tyre.... I don't think any mod tyres are terrible except maybe Luna and Sticky Fingers, but the rest are good.

The echo tyres are bollocks :P

I think if maxxis make a trye with the tread pattern slightly diffrent from the try-alls, but with the same sorta type, then everyone would buy them...

They need to work pinch protections aswell.

Naaa your just fat :P only joking.

since i've used my creepy crawlers i've not punctured ONCE , EVER!

I cracked and bent my rim but still did'nt puncture and this is using a shitty bmx tube from my local bikeshop ..I've always thought the pinch protoection was good...hmm...

Because there problie not alot of money made from the "19 trials tyres ?

I mean trials is a smallish sport and then its problie halfed by the amount of people that ride mod and then us that ride mod and run maxxis.

Unlike Bmx of DH or something where they are problie making a fair bit of money as theres just so many people doing also it kids going to halfords for a new tyre for their bike and what do they see but the maxxis max daddy :o.

Thats basicly my idear that there just not much point in it.

An pinch protection, ur running a wide echo rim right? Then you shoud't have to much problem just stick some talcome poweder in. Ive bannged my maxxis dam hard at like 11psi its been fine lol they only way that ive seen them go alot of the time is side hops and lannding on the side wall are you doing this ?

What kind pressure do you run?

Sam

Edited by samthebiker

B)-->

QUOTE(Josh B @ Dec 20 2005, 07:41 PM)

Hmm maxxis cc, schwable DH 20'' inertuber, Tyres solidish :- Anyway 3 punctures this week on one wall what Hmmm Diet me thinks lol ;)

What about the monty tyre on cleanbikes with no detail what so ever ( will it fit in a maggie).

(Y)

Or more air in your tyres. ;) Loosing a couple of pounds wouldn't hurt though. ^_^

Creepy C's are perfect IMO, don't need anything else.

Edited by JT!

Am I the only one who thought Creepy Crawlers had pretty shit pinch protection?

In the end I ended up going back to monty tyres, less grip but much better pinch protection IMO.

Im not saying the pinch protection is shit, but it could be better... i think i need a new tube, cause in the last 8 month i think iv had around 9 pinchs (2 times 9 is 18) so 18 holes in my tune altogether :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I would just like a maxxis tyre which sheds dirt n mud out ALOT easier! lol

I havnt had a pinch too recently i dont think :ermm: but because my old rim was like a knife edge on the sidewalls, then i got loads :P

I think ATM i have around 12PSi, its really springy on sidehops and stuff which gets me that extra 2" higher, but it rims out when i backhop nearly :Slol

Am I the only one who thought Creepy Crawlers had pretty shit pinch protection?

In the end I ended up going back to monty tyres, less grip but much better pinch protection IMO.

I found that i could put more air in my CC's when i swapped from my sticky fingers. So maby were running them too flat?

The only problem I've found with these tyres is simply the wear rate, really. I was getting 1 1/2 months max out of my Creepy Crawler on the rear. I was gonna try and get a Try-All for the rear, but they're the same compound too, apparently, so nuts to that :P

I've found the pinch protection to be fine with the CC's too. I haven't had a problem with that. The only thing I didn't like was just that on sketchy natural stuff (off camber rocks and so on), they fold really weirdly. I dunno, could just be that me and the weird sidewalls don't mix, but meh...

For street though, no problems, 'cept for with landing spins to back wheel due to the foldiness.