Fitting A Car Stereo

MikeSmith

Hi,

I was bought a pioneer car stereo for my vauxhall corsa (93) this year for christmas.

I have tried fitting it using the iso connector block supplied with the stereo, although it causes the stereo to stick out, around an inch. Although it does work, just looks odd and clearly not right.

Have i the wrong size stereo? ( i thought it was a one size fits all thing) or do i did to fit it using differently or use different equipment to fit it ? :S

Any help would be deeply appreciated

Many Thanks

Mike

you can take the center ashtray out to be able to get your hand down the back of the radio, makes it a lot easier to get the wires in the right place and the radio in properally!! i cant remember off the top of my head where you put the wires but taking it out does make it easier :)

Merry xmas

you can take the center ashtray out to be able to get your hand down the back of the radio, makes it a lot easier to get the wires in the right place and the radio in properally!! i cant remember off the top of my head where you put the wires but taking it out does make it easier :)

Merry xmas

exactly what i was going to say. you can put the wires as you look at the stereo towards the passenger side as there is more room just by the undertray. also for the ariel adaptor wrap some electrical around where it connects to the original plug cause they have a habit of coming loose, but dont put any where it will enter the unit itself. if your finding your losing the memory of the unit depending on which stereo you have swap over the ignition and memory wires (usually yellow and red) but do not alter the exsisting vaux wiring loom as i told someone to change the yellow and red over and they did it on the original plug (left neg speaker channel and live) DOH! night night stereo. any more q's fire away

Bon

i seem teo remember that when i installed my old cd player in my girlfriends95 corsa, the corsa plug was basicly an ISO plug with an extra bit on it for the corsas digital display at the top of the dash.... this iso plug was mounting in a metal backplate.....

i removed the backplate so the iso plug was just floating free, then used the correct ISO adaptor to link it up the headunit..... it now sits down perfectly! i had your initial problem of it sitting 1'' to high..... u basicly need to remove the old cage from the corsa head unit!

i seem teo remember that when i installed my old cd player in my girlfriends95 corsa, the corsa plug was basicly an ISO plug with an extra bit on it for the corsas digital display at the top of the dash.... this iso plug was mounting in a metal backplate.....

i removed the backplate so the iso plug was just floating free, then used the correct ISO adaptor to link it up the headunit..... it now sits down perfectly! i had your initial problem of it sitting 1'' to high..... u basicly need to remove the old cage from the corsa head unit!

He knows his stuff (Y)

I fitted a pioneer to my van today. was fun because someone had cut off the iso plug so i had to do all the wiring manually (Y)

Also had problems with some of the wires not being long enough and they kept disconnecting everytime i pushed my headunit in :closedeyes:

All sorted now anyway, it's so satisfying when you learn new things. I'm glad i didnt take it to a garage or mate to get it fitted now :)