Cheap, >1 Litre Car To Drive To Mongolia?

tomturd

Would the valve clearances be the 'points'? If so my dads gonna teach me how to sort that out cos he seems to do them quite often.

I think he means the exhaust and inlet valves :) very easy to do just grab yourself a haynes manul as that can explain it quicker than i can over the net.

(Y)

Edited by Matt_Tupman

tom whats the minimum age for an international driving licence

or how long do you need to have been driving

assuming you know :-

Erm I have no idea to be honest, but we'll all be 22 by then and driving between 4 and 5 years :)

Actually thinking about it I read that someone passed their test the day before they went, so maybe its 17... I dont think it really matters once your past europe..

I think he means the exhaust and inlet valves :) very easy to do just grab yourself a haynes manul as that can explain it quicker than i can over the net.

(Y)

Ahh ok, the exhaust inlet valves... gotcha :P We have 2 haynes manuals for some reason so over easter we're planning on learning mechanics (to an extent)

I'm also planning on doin this in 07 now (would think of doin it this year but already got plans and don't think I could get international license), so let me know how it goes! Do you know how much the entrance fee is yet? (doesn't have it on the website from what I can see)

Charel - looking at this - it looks like you've only got to be 18 and had a license for a year, so....

Think I'll be going for the pimpin' Panda 4x4, one of my most hated cars of all time, or possibly a Lada or Saab.

Also Tom - just wondering if you were doing anything to raise the £500 minimum donation? Or just using your own cash? (sorry if you've mentioned it already, think I've read mos of the thread though..)

Gavin

Edited by modx-lite

Also Tom - just wondering if you were doing anything to raise the £500 minimum donation? Or just using your own cash? (sorry if you've mentioned it already, think I've read mos of the thread though..)

Gavin

Theres 3 of us going so we need to raise £333 each. The entrance fee ontop of that should be £250-£300 which includes visas which i'll pay myself.. Not entirely sure how to raise the £333 yet but that shouldnt be toooo mcuh of a problem really, will just approach local companies and possibly get some fund raising in uni going somehow..

Would the valve clearances be the 'points'?

Yea its the engine Valves.

I forgot about points.

Make sure they are new befoer you go and take a few spare sets and some condensors when you go.

If your dad knows mechanics he should be able to sort you out with some info

If you do need any technical help, just add me to msn and ask