Sidehopping Trouble

PUnK KiD

hi,

i've lately been pushing to get higher and higher sidehops on my mod trials bike. i've been practicing on pallets so its not to harsh but i've got to 31 inches high (5 pallets) and i no matter what i try i cant seem to get any higher than this, i've tried a double wheel sidehop and a sidehop from on the rear wheel and i cant make 6 pallets for sh*t

whats the deal with this i been trying to get higher all week and i've had no luck and secret techniques to sidehops that people would like to share?

cheers

Tom

I dont think your doing anything wrong its just you need time to go from five pallets to six.

Ive read before going from under bar hieght to over is a big step.

As im on about bar hieght my self atm i carnt give mutch advice on technique.

But maybe try sommet like a smaller pallet on top to make it five and a half pallets.

Best of luck mate

You might already be doing everything right anyway... If you are consistently using the right techniques, but cannot get any higher yet, it might just be that you have reached the limit of your current muscle condition. Practice should help improve your muscle performance (strength and power) and consequently, over time, you should be able to jump higher. :)

hi,

i've lately been pushing to get higher and higher sidehops on my mod trials bike. i've been practicing on pallets so its not to harsh but i've got to 31 inches high (5 pallets) and i no matter what i try i cant seem to get any higher than this, i've tried a double wheel sidehop and a sidehop from on the rear wheel and i cant make 6 pallets for sh*t

whats the deal with this i been trying to get higher all week and i've had no luck and secret techniques to sidehops that people would like to share?

cheers

Tom

Theres no secret techniques to riding at all... Everybody has there won indervidual style... And no matter how hard you try you can never change your style of riding!

Anyway... 6 Pallets is really hard. When i was still ridng full throtel me and my mate (Christof) could do 5 blue pallets with ease! But when it came to 6 it was getting tuff. We found that its was our physical aproch and our mental aswell. So we found smaller peices of wood/pallets and we gradually built the size up. The look of the size difference from 5 to 6 might not look massive but it plays trick's on our mind.. then after afew times of gradually building it up... we realised wi had surpassed 6 with out realising!

So try this method and wait and see.

Hope you find this helpfull...

Scotty ^_^

Find a grass bank, it will take away any subconcious fear you may have when trying to go bigger.

I would love to do that, then I could learn to sidehop...

However, I live in peterborough and the likelyhood of there being a grassy slope (let alone a hill) in this area is rather slim... :(