Helicoiling

the ug man

heres what you will need for helicoiling:

a drill that is the correct tapping size for a m5 wire insert tap

1 m5 wire insert spiral flute tap

5+ m5 helicoils

1 m5 helicoiling tool

a small set square

but doin it yourself is one hell of a job, im an apprentis at a local engineering firm where i live, and ive had an old trials frame scrapped cos the helicoil tool snapped in my frame, be carefull to make sure that you drill the tapping hole straight, and tapp the hole straight too, you can check the angles with the set square.

ill find out the drill size for you asap if you need i can write a guide for you too.

Hope this helps

Cheers

TOm

thanks for that but at the moment i have drild it out to m6 but it just striped strat away can you get one that will bring it down the m5

mate let me get back to you tomorro evening, and ill have all the correct drill sizes wrote down for you from work. unless theres someone else that knows the drilling size.

sorry i cant help more ill get back to you tomorro.

Cheers

Tom

thats cool what do u want for them. I need 2 coils and what ever drill bits i need

but at the moment they are bigger them a m5 its that what u are saposd(sp) to do and then wind the coil in that and is it 1 drill per hole or not

i have lots or tools at home a pillar brill sum 110 volt work drills

• 1 year later...
thanks so that will bring it down to a m5 and whats the cost going be iff u now

thanks for the info it will help a lot (Y)

The drilled hole needs to be 5.2mm for m5 (5.173-5.333 tolerance) if the hole is too big it wont work, you may need a keysert solid type insert.

At wti fasteners they supply the kits with the correct size drill bit, tap, 10 inserts, tang break tool £22

Edited by thread repair