Msn And Firewalls

anzo

Evenin all.

My mates computer, which he has recently got running and onto the internet, refuses to sign into MSN Messenger (7.5). I get the old 'a firewall may be blocking your connection' box over and over again.

After hours of pissing about with every security setting on his PC it will STILL not connect up, I've even tried turning his firewall off!

Hes running 2005 Norton Anti-Virus, I've set the firewall to Permit All on MSN Messenger, but still no luck. The troubleshooter from mirco$oft needs, well, shooting, its shit.

All the help topics suck...no help what so ever.

I've gone though all the 'Test Connections' thing on MSN Tools>Options>Connection, all is fine.

Any ideas?

Seems to be impossible!

Evenin all.

My mates computer, which he has recently got running and onto the internet, refuses to sign into MSN Messenger (7.5). I get the old 'a firewall may be blocking your connection' box over and over again.

After hours of pissing about with every security setting on his PC it will STILL not connect up, I've even tried turning his firewall off!

Hes running 2005 Norton Anti-Virus, I've set the firewall to Permit All on MSN Messenger, but still no luck. The troubleshooter from mirco$oft needs, well, shooting, its shit.

I've gone though all the 'Test Connections' thing on MSN Tools>Options>Connection, all is fine.

Any ideas?

Seems to be impossible!

If the firewall is turned off - It's not the firewall!

:-

Evenin all.

Any ideas?

Seems to be impossible!

The microsoft troubleshooter is made to sort out problems for windows, not problems for Norton antivirus, thats why its not helping!

The microsoft troubleshooter is made to sort out problems for windows, not problems for Norton antivirus, thats why its not helping!

Really? Didn't think of that one :rolleyes:

I looked though all the troubleshooter for connection problems incase it was something else OTHER then the firewall.

He is running Norton Internet Security and thats what I turned off, aswell as the XP one. Still no luck with it though.

Any ideas of what it might be if not the firewall?

Thanks.