What Made You Want To Do Trials

Im guna sound old now!

Way back in the beginning, me n a mate rode xc and did a few jumps down the local skatepark. Anyways, i bought a copy of mbuk and in it were a very young looking ashton and hawyes in dayglow riding kit doing side hops.

That got my interest and not long after that dirt video was released and had scott dommet hopping around on a few rocks and doing a little back hopping etc.

At this point we were still doing xc but thought we would try a few of these moves we had seen. The next mbuk video came out, "getta grip" and had a bit more trials on it and mbuk was giving more column inches over to it.

Then, chainspotting was released and thats when we really started to concentrate on trials. We rode alot for the next few years but sorta lost interest as it wasnt anywhere near as popular as it is now. Anyway, 5 years on and im back :P

My dad has done motorbike trials for many years as he'll tell anyone who'll listen. i got a motorbike and a friend i have that rides motorbikes and push bikes showed me some small stuff like side hops and back hops then his brother showed me drops and gaps and my interest grew so i got a t bird from santa last year (Y)

Edited by ft will boy

Skateboarding...

Yep as odd as it may seem, skateing made me take up trials. One of my best mates in the village i lived n skateboarded and I had just got into mtbing. I started going out on my bike when he was skateing and thought i would try the streety/trials stuff i saw in mbuk. haven't stopped since and i pretty much ride the same way as i did back then, riding trials and loving also just messing about with streety moves and random tricks too :)

mike