Two Cars

Mr Dave

Hello

quick question, whats the rules about fully comp insurance?

My situation - You have a pug 306, and are a named driver on fully comp insurance, you want a mini too, but dont want it as a everyday car - would be driven on weekends for example. So If your dad got insured on it - very cheap - good - as it would be modified, does that mean as long as your 306 isnt being driven you can drive it, and be insured tpft ????

please explain :)

Thanks very much :)

Dave

Edited by Mr Dave

yes, yes it does!

its not entirely honest..... but i was planning on doing it myself....

its entirely possible that you dad (probably being much older!) could insure a modified mini for relateively little, and if you had a policy on another more mundane car, you WOULD be covered 3rd party to drive 'his' mini.....

technically you would be insured, although im not sure what would happen in the event of a claim!

OH YAY YAY :D

lol funny how the trials forum mini inthusiast (sp) should post first :blink:

Haz - i dont think thats intirely true, my parents sorted out my insurace for me ( i payed) and they said, the companys trasfered 1yr or somthings no claim bonus on to my car :blink: or somthing, i dont understand any of it

Edited by Mr Dave

You would need to be insured fully comprehensivly to drive cars other that your own with the owners permission (this is only on some fully comp policies). Fully comp doesn't cover the car the car it only covers the named drivers, you can get insurance to cover a car for all drivers but that's called something else.

Just ask them on the phone I'm sure they'll give you an honest answer.