Base Ta26 Questions

joshywa

Right people...

Basically my dilemma is this... i'm looking to build up a 26" streety trials bike now i've got my mod sorted, in april i will get last years holiday pay from work (£250 give or take) so thats where its going.

i can fit it out with parts of £100 hopefully so part aren't a problem, the problems are:

what price should i pay ???

is this frame what i want e.g. streety feel (short bunny hopable) ???

how do they ride ???

which years edition should i get (2006 or an older one) ???

is there any odd parts that won't fit it e.g. 14mm axle hubs needed :ermm:

Any help would be great and any one looking to part with the frame would be better :lol:

thanks

joshywa

Edited by joshywa

If your looking at buying a new one then probably somewhere like bikedock will sell them for around £250 and it will be the most current one available (2006), or you could have a look in the for sale/ wanted section on here for one. Or even ebay, they seem to pop up quite frequently on there.

The Base TA26 is only £170 at Bikedock.

Here's mine shortly after I built it up:

IPB Image

I might sell if I had a good offer. Of course it's got the usual trials scratches now although I don't go that big so it's seen relatively light action.

I was thinking of selling just the frame, but if a opportunity came up to get some 24" wheels and such then some of the other components could be sold on too.

Steve

She's a beauty , Heatsink and as others have said this is a good choice for an affordable spinny / streety frame . Having removed the supplied bashplate , you're left with a fairly light frame that is stable on the back wheel , and feels stiff and obedient .

Mine ( Only one in Holland : )

IPB Image

Purchased from bikedock .

ok im deffinatley goin to get one now.... i preffer the jamie tompkinson (sp) limmeted edition version with the drilled gusset at head tube but is the geo any different ???

The other versions like the Mr Woo (see bikedock website) and the Jamie Tomkins one have jump bike geo (designed to take longer forks, ie sus forks) so the BBs will be old-school-low when you pop on a 400mm rigid fork.

The other versions like the Mr Woo (see bikedock website) and the Jamie Tomkins one have jump bike geo (designed to take longer forks, ie sus forks) so the BBs will be old-school-low when you pop on a 400mm rigid fork.

by old skool fork i'm geussing you mean the likes of pashley forks ??? :ermm:

It would be "old skool" because it would be just like the "Trials bikes" of old when normal MTBs were used due to a lack of affordable bikes with trials geometry. The low BBs would be because the frames were intended for use with sus forks (longer than rigids) and so the BB will sit lower with rigids, when in fact for Trials use its good to have it at least horizontal.

Also, the chainstays are likely to be longer than the 385mm or so on the trials bikes of today. Harder work getting them onto the back wheel when you kick the pedals.

Steve

by old skool fork i'm geussing you mean the likes of pashley forks ??? :ermm: