Why The Obsession With Inches?

DeeZee

People measure hieght / distance to try better themselves, the heigher / further you get, you know youre technique / power is improving, so its a personal challenge.

I do ride by the tape measure and love it, it means i can see were i need to improve ect ect :):-(Y)

Every one rides for a different reason i ride to go big, But i do do other types of riding as you mentioned like rail rides ect ect. :):D

personally i would rather watch people like berridge etc ride,just because i find it more enjoyable to watch,they flow better than people who just go big.personally i've never used a tape to measure stuff,mainly cos i dont care.i'd rather be able to do a tech type line smoothly and suffer a little on height of sidehops.personal preference,both are ways of riding trials.and i'm very tired so if this made no sense then im sorry.

carl

People measure hieght / distance to try better themselves, the heigher / further you get, you know youre technique / power is improving, so its a personal challenge.

I do ride by the tape measure and love it, it means i can see were i need to improve ect ect :):-(Y)

Every one rides for a different reason i ride to go big, But i do do other types of riding as you mentioned like rail rides ect ect. :):D

that so true dude, i used to always try and get higher/further etc, but i got bored with practising and got frustrated with not being able to do something i could the night before and i have never been a powerful rider anyways.

so i decided it was time to take a step back and instead of always trying to bigger and getting annoyed, just to say to myself 'it doesn't matter really' and go and try all the old lines, but in new ways and try new techniques (deathgrip rule all :twisted: ). But the best thing is I by learning new tricks/technique, stuff like gaps have improved (i learnt to do x-up [mid air ones] off drops, to learn them i had to make myself jump up more, which improved my gaps and ups - so bonus pints there for random tricks :P ) and now I have found I have been able to go bigger if i want to now, I just don't feel i 'have' too :)

personally i would rather watch people like berridge etc ride,just because i find it more enjoyable to watch,they flow better than people who just go big

i totally agree i find a lot of the big move vids boring to watch and prefere watching technical rider streety or trialsy, BUT 'in real life' I love watching all types of riding and love to watch people like damon/cls go big

mike

Edited by leedstrials