New Trials Chain Of Choice?

Will Arnold

The Shadow chain V1 appeared to just splay, shit out the pins, or just snap/stretch to hell fairly readily. "Apparently" the V2 has solved those problems, but they still stretch to f**k and that's on a BMX, so I don't really think I'd want to be running one on a trials bike, with that much more tension. Never really heard any good long-term reviews on them...

They stretch? They're loads bigger than a kmc kool, the pins are bigger, the links are wider and the metal plates are thicker... The pin has been struck as well so theres the indent in the end of it, and it has two grooves on the pin for the outer plates to sit in so the chain doesn't splay. I had to get a pair of pliers on the end of my chain tool for more leverage because the pins are so firmly in place.

They stretch? They're loads bigger than a kmc kool, the pins are bigger, the links are wider and the metal plates are thicker... The pin has been struck as well so theres the indent in the end of it, and it has two grooves on the pin for the outer plates to sit in so the chain doesn't splay. I had to get a pair of pliers on the end of my chain tool for more leverage because the pins are so firmly in place.

yep they do, like an elastic band! Its all down to the shape on the links than owt else! mine last a month/6 weeks before i got pissed off with adjusting after every couple of rides! I got a kool and then a KHE B) which is ace!!!

I did get a nice tin though and has come in very useful for keeping a few tools/bits when i go out on a ride :)