New Trials Chain Of Choice?

Will Arnold

its a 'gusset tank chain' and seems meaty from the description when compared to a kmc kool

gusset tank chain

'Super Heavy Duty 1/8” chain for those who require super tough chains.

Will run on most regular 1/8” BMX sprockets

Pin Length 11.6mm, Pin riveting Power 300Kg (std chain is 150Kg)

Average Tensile strength 1500kg. (Std chain is apprx 1000kg)

Plate width 1.4mm (std chain is 0.8mm)

96L

Weight 550g'

kmc kool

For BMX

9.4 mm pin length

Min. 250 kgf pin power

1300 kgf tensile strength

Special Dynamic Configuration Plates

StretchProof Mushroomed Pin, durability

DropBuster Chain

here is a pic of it....

IPB Image

what y'all reccon?

ta

Will

Edited by WILL ARNOLD

You just have to modify the mech a bit... longer bolts and extra spacing then it glides through :)

Yea done that already to run a KMC kool chain through it, kinda wirrrs up when i pedal lol oh well done all that can be done spacers and bending of the mech cages

Shadow chain isn't the same width though, it's just a burly BMX chain? The thick scooter/motorbike chains that people use often need a different sprocket/freewheel too?

Anyhoo, the Shadow chains are dick anyway, so why even consider them, unless you like ultra stretchy chains, or chains that shit the bed heinously as soon as possible?

Tempting. But you do get a tin out of it :rolleyes:

Shadow chain isn't the same width though, it's just a burly BMX chain? The thick scooter/motorbike chains that people use often need a different sprocket/freewheel too?

Anyhoo, the Shadow chains are dick anyway, so why even consider them, unless you like ultra stretchy chains, or chains that shit the bed heinously as soon as possible?

Tempting. But you do get a tin out of it :rolleyes:

Hehe :lol:

Why are they a dick? I think they look nice, wernt too sure if you could use them for trials.

The Shadow chain V1 appeared to just splay, shit out the pins, or just snap/stretch to hell fairly readily. "Apparently" the V2 has solved those problems, but they still stretch to f**k and that's on a BMX, so I don't really think I'd want to be running one on a trials bike, with that much more tension. Never really heard any good long-term reviews on them...