Pc People, May Be Basic...

Luke_bradley

I had loads of Spyware and Adware on my pc. I had a proper xp home edition on it and what i used to do is do a system restore so the pc was like it was when brought new whenever it was real slow or just messed up, which has happened many times. Someone took control because of files been lost(don't want to explain the full situation)so i told him to do the restore and use copy disks to put the songs etc onto. I came back one day and he told me the restore didn't work and he'd put windows 2000 or something on. I know he had problems with that and he's then installed another addition or something(don't know the names of all these different ones). I thought hard drives couldn't get rid of what has been originally put on it, in my case how it was brought, with xp on it? So i was wondering, is there any way of getting my computer to how it was brought new? You see this person is saying he thinks i may need a new hard drive which i know is wrong 'cus i have done that restore so many times.

No sarcy comments please,

i don't know much as you can probably tell,

Thanks,

Luke (Y)

Edited by Luke_bradley