Sidehops

Mat Smith!

Rite, I'm wanting to learn sidehops, atm I can get about 20" :$

I just can't get the technique right, I'm right footed and I will be going to the left.

Any tips on how I can improve?

Seems like a bit of a stupid question but to practice, I always seem to just go to back wheel, so I'm just gapping up it really, and when ever I try e.g 25" I just fail, I just can't get the technique right.

Help? (I will be most probably be practicing them today)

Mat :rolleyes:

A new section of T-F's currently being made which'll have stuff like that in it (but seperated into seperate topics for each move), then have other stuff like technical tips for products or whatever, with an aim to hopefully replace the FAQ with something better, so you'll possibly be seeing more of that sorta stuff soon...

A new section of T-F's currently being made which'll have stuff like that in it (but seperated into seperate topics for each move), then have other stuff like technical tips for products or whatever, with an aim to hopefully replace the FAQ with something better, so you'll possibly be seeing more of that sorta stuff soon...

Updates for '06 eh? (Y)

Sounds good.

I started sidehops a while back.

Got about 27" over a rail.

You really do need to practice.

i can do 28"pretty much all the time.

but no higher , when it gets above front wheel height(on backwheel)i just get shit scared and dont bother.

Yeah same here, i just cant break into the 30''+ sidehops, my highest is 29''. Im going off them a bit and concentrationg on backwheeling/tapping and gaps.

im stuck going any bigger than 25", i tend to find i plant the front wheel down first and lift and pivot the rear wheel on top. does seem to limit the height i can get because im keeping my weight forward to get the rear up up, but because of this i cant ge the front high enough to get up the bigger hops.

30" hops just look so much bigger than a 25" one, strange!

craig

Seriously, it's all in the mind. My highest was 38" to 2 wheels, then I was on a ride and just thought "It's really not that big", then second go I go a 44-45" sidehop. Just give it some beans, focus on what you're doing, and just do it. 99% of sidehop limiting is just you thinking you can't do it when you're learning them :)

Seriously, it's all in the mind. My highest was 38" to 2 wheels, then I was on a ride and just thought "It's really not that big", then second go I go a 44-45" sidehop. Just give it some beans, focus on what you're doing, and just do it. 99% of sidehop limiting is just you thinking you can't do it when you're learning them :)

darn i got excited then. I thought your heighest was 38" and I was about to say "Yes!! mine too!" but then I read on :(

damn it....