Still 100% Gaaaaaar

cant_ride

so as well as the aforementioned 100%usage crapness with my CPU... i thought.. fcuk it, im going to do a system recovery(ie reformatting).. that'll kill the b*****d. but every time i go to do it, it gets to the screen where you choose destructive format or the other kind and then restarts itself??

any ideas... i seriously need my computer working within the next week as theres a lot of cad and photoshop to be done.

oli

Yes, because we all have a legitimate XP CD :shifty:

true... either that or we have a computer that doesnt come with am XP CD.

I remember now why i stopped using this forum, a lot of you have all the answers to your own problems but not many for other peoples.

I cant backup 160GB... i cant afford removable drives etc. and if I plain formatted the drive id lose over £10,000 worth of software.

Formatting really is the best option though.

I always suggest to people that they format their hard disks into 2 sections for example my 160gb drive is split into 25gb for windows and the rest for my documents. That means in future when my windows fudges up i can simply format the windows partion without having to backup all my data on the other one. If you have some free space left you could get yourself partion magic which allows you to edit partions from within windows.

As for your 100% cpu usage do you know which process in particular is causing the problem? Is it multiple or is it always one?

And as for the loosing £10,000 worth of software surely you have them all on the origional disks? ;)

And as for the loosing £10,000 worth of software surely you have them all on the origional disks? ;)

:turned: of course... but someone else is looking after them.

by ending explorer then restarting it solves the problem.. i guess ill just have to get used to this as part of turning on the computer each day.

thanks for all yur help guys... sorry i got a bit stressy... valentines woman troubles.

oli

Do you have service pack 2 and all the updates installed? If not i suggest you give that a whizz :)

yeh i have. most websites said that this should solve most of the problems but no such luck. I have a buddy at home whos a massive pc geekazoid so i'll impose my tower on him.

oli