Golf Mk2

downhill_rob2@hotmail.com

f**k 17's, get some 15x8's on the back ;)

I had a valver with 15" RA's and P6000's and it handled like nothing I've ever driven before. Tyres were poor in the wet but I dunno if thats just because I was expecting similar grip as in the dry! You can pick supersport coil-overs (adjustable ride height and damping) up for about £250 from Venom so I wouldn't even bother with shocks and springs. If you're going to do tint's just do a light smoke all around, darker at the back looks bodge! Tints will cost you around £150 for something the size of a Mk2 Golf. Half tint 16v spec rear lights (only Hella will do ;) ) and smoked side repeaters will tidy it up, fit Lexus lights and you will be hunted down and disembowled.

Seriously though, lurk the E38 boards for a couple of months and your idea's will totally change, as will your definition of a "nice" car, it's all about the subtle touches. Rallye steels and 60mm drop for the win (Y)

Pinky, gotta love the Polo's, I've had 4 Mk3 Coupe's (one a GT), one Mk2 Coupe and a Mk4 16v :D Good cars but they don't handle as well as the Mk2 Golf :( GT's go like f**k for what they are though, I can see me having another when my ban is up as a little "rallye-esq" type car, nice and light and set up to go round corners.

Edit: Borbet A's are my favourite wheel ever for Mk2's :wub: (yes, I know that's a Mk1...)

Edited by Street Lee

I garuntee you will not bother doing half the stuff you have said lol. Your 15, its 2 years before you can even drive a car let alone take your test! Once you start drivng all your money will go on runing the bloody thing and keeping it o the road, never mind sticking bits of loo roll to it as you seem to want to do. Unless you are in fact spoilt and your dad is paying for all these "mods" for you I just cant see it happening. Will you be working or in college/6th form?

Will you be working or in college/6th form?

Il be getting a joiner apprentiship.

Im sending the application letters out this weekend :)

I wont be buying all these mods all at once BTW, it will more than likly be over the period of about 1 year. so i will have enough time to save for it n stuff :)

Il be getting a joiner apprentiship.

Im sending the application letters out this weekend :)

I wont be buying all these mods all at once BTW, it will more than likly be over the period of about 1 year. so i will have enough time to save for it n stuff :)

well you better start saving soon on apprenticeship wages!

Not arsed. Whatever I can afford. At the moment I'm driving a 1.6 R-reg Mk4. It's nice and I'd love one, but I doubt I could afford one though.

EDIT: It'd be under a grand according to Autotrader. Maybe I can afford one after all :shifty:

This Mk4!!! was also a German import,imported by Awesome Gti store and had a full APR turbo conversion (305bhp) yum yum!

Mike

you lucky b*****d. id like to squirt on both your mk1 and mk2 the ones with rallye front ends :o

wheres all the money coming from?!?!?!

Dude,i do work you know! Seriously though,i'm an electronics/electrical engineer and at the moment i work for Xerox on colour printers and the pay's ok,but i don't smoke or go out drinking so the added pennies fund the toys!! :rolleyes:

Mike

Edited by desire68

Mike

Dude,i do work you know! Seriously though,i'm an electronics/electrical engineer and at the moment i work for Xerox on colour printers and the pay's ok,but i don't smoke or go out drinking so the added pennies fund the toys!! :rolleyes:

Mike

and according to your profile your also 38! so that explains a lot....

AWESOME cars mate.....

is that last green mk4 an oil burner?

and according to your profile your also 38! so that explains a lot....

AWESOME cars mate.....

is that last green mk4 an oil burner?

Lol at telling everyone my age dude :$ (well not till December anyway!) The Green Mk4 is a 20v Turbo modified with APR turbo conversion! she was well quick,upset a few unsuspecting drivers on the road!

Mike.

Lol at telling everyone my age dude :$ (well not till December anyway!) The Green Mk4 is a 20v Turbo modified with APR turbo conversion! she was well quick,upset a few unsuspecting drivers on the road!

Mike.

my mistake!

at a quick glance, due to you clearly not being a boy racer chav..... it looked like it had the oil burner twin turned down tailpipes.... looking closer you can see it hasnt!

sorry about giving your age away :P but when i saw that list of cars you were either full of shit or past 30 :unsure: so i had a check......

awesome cars man......

Yeah,the tailpipes were an American style thing of less is more,they tend to stay away from the big bore tail pipes and go for the more flush look! Thats an uprated back box on the 20vT made to the oe spec back box style!,

Yep,i'm deffo not making this all up,i've spent a fortune on moddin VW's,been in to them since 1986,my Dad was a VW technician for 30+ years,been to Germany,and Belgium to show the G60 and i imported the Rallye personally(what a fantastic couple of days that was!!) Unfortunately i don't own a VW at the moment,i took a break from them last September when i sold the VR6 Highline and tried my hand at a completely standard and mint example of a Renault 5GTT in silver,this thin is an 18year old brand new car,totally awesome and a nice break from my German cars,but i'm sure my next car will be a VW again when i've finished the R5!

Mike.