Freeridetrials Video Comp

spunkey_monkey_boy

"all videos must play on windows media player"

Sorry, but thats just lazy :huh:

Sounds quite difficult really, will depend on stamina I guess, so if people do do this, dont get a heart attack from doing so lol.

J.

thats not plain lazy thats due to me having the crappest laptop on the face of the earth and it only having media playing and no internet. i can check TF in uni but can't download anything and therefor can't either watch vid's off the net nor download any new programs.

if you want to enter make it play on media player, it cant be that hard and with a prize fund thats alreay at £150 with 3 more lots of prizes to come i'm sure you can be bothered to sort it (Y)

oakley - you've got a while to get your arms fit for it mate :P

It hard to make a video into a wmv file when you are on a mac though. I for one dont know how!

ok, for the mac users, what format do your video's normally end up as? if we can find something that i can play them on or if someone else with a decent computer is prepared to let me take up residence for a day or two to do the judging then i'll accept other files types.

let me know how they normally come out and i'll see what i can do

cheers

tom

good idea Tom, you could easilly edit a video without you knowing using a tripod and a good background, o well ^_^ I'm sure i'll talk to you on the phone about it anyway.

Phil.

if anyone decides they're going to edit the video and go to the effort of filming it and matching the scenes up for a club level comp they're pretty damn sad to be fair.

lets keep it honest people, anyone who cheats will no doubt be found out one day and then the whole trialsforum will know how sad you are so please dont bother.

otherwise get those entries rolling in...

Sounds quite difficult really, will depend on stamina I guess, so if people do do this, dont get a heart attack from doing so lol.

J.

yeah 2mins continuous of trials could take a long while to perfect on the street. Sounds like an awesome challenge though .

question is do you start small and build up for two mins (could take a while to get those big last moves) or blow it all at the start and keep it simple to the end ? ? ?

real tech challenge

and the filming aswell - tough to think about in a 2 min continous section.

(Y)

yeah 2mins continuous of trials could take a long while to perfect on the street. Sounds like an awesome challenge though .

question is do you start small and build up for two mins (could take a while to get those big last moves) or blow it all at the start and keep it simple to the end ? ? ?

real tech challenge

and the filming aswell - tough to think about in a 2 min continous section.

(Y)

surely if you can ride 2 minutes straight at a comp you can ride 2 mins in a video. everyone who did the North wales bike battle managed 2 minutes continuos riding...

feeling rather let down at the lack of interest in this comp, am i going to get any entries or not???

surely if you can ride 2 minutes straight at a comp you can ride 2 mins in a video. everyone who did the North wales bike battle managed 2 minutes continuos riding...

feeling rather let down at the lack of interest in this comp, am i going to get any entries or not???

Ive never ridden a comp...

plus its not the 2 mins riding thats a problem fitness wise - its filming a street video for two mins where you dont f**k up !!! I mean - a dab in a street vid looks pretty pants

Very few people have places nearby that are suitable to make a continous video thats worth entering. Its a hard challenge, and for people who have nobody to film them unless they travel on the train to meet other riders then its pretty hard. I for one wouldnt pay for a train ticket just to get to a spot to film this short video.

Ive never ridden a comp...

plus its not the 2 mins riding thats a problem fitness wise - its filming a street video for two mins where you dont f**k up !!! I mean - a dab in a street vid looks pretty pants

you dont need to ride it clean, you just need to ride for two minutes. no where in the rules does it say you can't crash and then get back up and try it again. that shows progress...

Very few people have places nearby that are suitable to make a continous video thats worth entering. Its a hard challenge, and for people who have nobody to film them unless they travel on the train to meet other riders then its pretty hard. I for one wouldnt pay for a train ticket just to get to a spot to film this short video.

or maybe people dont have the inventiveness to use what they do have. you dont need anyone to film you and you dont need great urban area, you need creativity and a bit of flair, maybe we're asking too much for people to make the most of what they have or maybe people would rather find an excuse why not to enter rather than a reason to enter.

this video comp seems to have far less interest than the curb comp and yet this one has a far bigger prize fund...?

you dont need to ride it clean, you just need to ride for two minutes. no where in the rules does it say you can't crash and then get back up and try it again. that shows progress...

or maybe people dont have the inventiveness to use what they do have. you dont need anyone to film you and you dont need great urban area, you need creativity and a bit of flair, maybe we're asking too much for people to make the most of what they have or maybe people would rather find an excuse why not to enter rather than a reason to enter.

this video comp seems to have far less interest than the curb comp and yet this one has a far bigger prize fund...?

Yeh but its the fact that youre giving such a big prize fund that puts me off. You're trying to make such a big deal out of it, we have to find a good area, ride for two minutes solid (difficult), burn it to a CD and then send it to you. Whereas the curb comp there really is nothing to lose, you go out for 10mins on your road film four or five tricks on a curb and go inside and upload, and if you don't win so what you've only wasted 10mins. Whereas with this thing you have to find a decent spot, pay to post it etc. etc.

Yeh but its the fact that youre giving such a big prize fund that puts me off. You're trying to make such a big deal out of it, we have to find a good area, ride for two minutes solid (difficult), burn it to a CD and then send it to you. Whereas the curb comp there really is nothing to lose, you go out for 10mins on your road film four or five tricks on a curb and go inside and upload, and if you don't win so what you've only wasted 10mins. Whereas with this thing you have to find a decent spot, pay to post it etc. etc.

cool, scrap the prizes, we'll do this as a fun only and i'll keep the free stuff :D

cool, scrap the prizes, we'll do this as a fun only and i'll keep the free stuff :D

:lol: Just an idea why not merge with the curb comp, and the winners of that get the prizes? Sure you could come up with 3 diff areas like mod stock and ermmmm lol It would Save you a lot of hassle for one plus peeps dont have to worry about microwaving cds and all that crap.

ah common people, i'm not looking for a perfect video of perfect riding, just think about a normal comp, you ride as well as you can and if you screw up so what you just keep going. this video comp is about making the most of what you've got not going to some jaw dropping location and riding perfectly for 2 minutes. use you bloody imagination and make the most of what you have. go watch ALI C's recent video, thats shot in an area close enough to use for this comp the only difference is he edited it.

get off you lazy asses and go video 2 minutes riding, it aint that hard!

oh yeah and if you host it somewhere i can watch it direct without having to download it then i'll accept that and a PM with a direct link as entry!!!

tom

good work, thats one definate entry - any more???

we could do with an increase in interest if people want prizes or the sponsors won't bother, they dont wana just give stuff away willy nilly and unless interest rises prize fund will have to drop to just the club T's...

chuck your vids on here as i can watch these in uni without having to download them - makes judging easier for us :)

http://tv.isg.si

Edited by spunkey_monkey_boy

Oh f**k it, Ill have a go. Are pallets allowed? I dont have anyone to film me so it will be a pile of pallets, one pallet on its own for a gap, me on my bike and a tripod, that OK? If so, I could have one up later tonight. It wont be amazing I dont think, but its better than nothing. (Y)