20'' Ashton Tut Tut Tut

shucksmith1

ok so my friend has just started rideing trials with us and desided that he would go and buy a ashton justice 20''. o my god what a heap of crap. im so disapointed in it. it looks lik it has so much potential but with amature mastakes lik having v brake mounts and having a bash plate and bash guard. i just dont get the bike its such a disapointing little thing do you not think????????????????

matt

ok so my friend has just started rideing trials with us and desided that he would go and buy a ashton justice 20''. o my god what a heap of crap. im so disapointed in it. it looks lik it has so much potential but with amature mastakes lik having v brake mounts and having a bash plate and bash guard. i just dont get the bike its such a disapointing little thing do you not think????????????????

matt

Has he got the full bike?? If so i see where you are coming from, as its got the worst spec imaginable :P but the frame :wub: Im gonna have its babies :P Best frame i have ever ridden! :D And i see where you are coming from with the vee mounts :@ pieces of chaff!!!! takes ages to set up the evo mounts (N) The bash plate is good.... but then im guessing that you are commenting on with the full build where its got a bash guard on the cranks, but realy i would rather have that because you get the extra security of the plate but not trouser eating due to having a guard (Y) My opinions anyhoo (Y)

matt

lol,This post amused me.

matt

OMFG your are the biggest dick "amateur mistakes like having a bash plate " YOU dick the ashton is a sweet bike and all the best trials bikes have bash plates such as monty ,onza t-light,koxx and echo just because craig lee scot don't have a bash don't mean bashes are amateur. :ban:

love mr monty

OMFG your are the biggest dick "amateur mistakes like having a bash plate " YOU dick the ashton is a sweet bike and all the best trials bikes have bash plates such as monty ,onza t-light,koxx and echo just because craig lee scot don't have a bash don't mean bashes are amateur. :ban:

love mr monty

no what i mean is that it not only has a bash plate but also has a stock type bash guard on the crank. i dont see the need for both.

matt

was just sayin what a shame this beautiful bike has become. from looking at it, it had so much potential and as it has come from a firm that was founded by one of the worlds best trials riders you would have thought that the bike would be so impresive but its just not. i mean the 26'' justice is the shit and loved that but the 20'' just doesnt reach the same hight standard.

matt

Mr ashton is a stock rider and dose not ride mod he don't no sh*t about mod correct me if i'm wrong.

Also the stock is like 2 times the price so it's going to be better the mod is a cheap bike with sH*T componets so beginners can get a bike to learn on.

Edited by Mr Monty

no what i mean is that it not only has a bash plate but also has a stock type bash guard on the crank. i dont see the need for both.

Stopps your jeans getting court in the freewheel. ;)

Its like what my lbs told me about saracen! its a cheap bike, with crappy components, but with a frame that isnt too bad! its made cheap so you can get onto the bandwagon and if you like it then you can upgrade the components around a quality frame (Y) That is why i just have the frame :P

thats my major problem with it. iv actualy had some 2 bolt brake fixtures milled on a cnc millerand this weekend my friend is bringing his bike round and im gona chop those shity vbrake mounts of then weld these bad boys on.

cheers matt

Hope you're really good at welding alu and have the right equipment... otherwise the frame will be useless =/

Anyway, why not try to get a good V-brake on it instead? I'd try that if i had v-mounts, since it works extremely well on stocks. Only problem I can see is that the tyre is too wide and tall.

Hope you're really good at welding alu and have the right equipment... otherwise the frame will be useless =/

Anyway, why not try to get a good V-brake on it instead? I'd try that if i had v-mounts, since it works extremely well on stocks. Only problem I can see is that the tyre is too wide and tall.

not to mention the fact it'll screw up the heat treating and paint job :P and to my knowledge avid ultimate arms do have the clearence to fit a mod (based on what im told) :lol:

joshywa