Chain Tugs

poopipe

I'm going to need some replacement chain tugs for my t-poo next time i take my wheel off.

I've buggered the original ones fairly comprehensively and I'm not sure what I ought to replace them with.

I quite like the look of the KHE VA ones ( http://www.billys.co.uk/english/group.php?prod=chkh-adjust ) on account of them using an allen bolt - which would prevent the whole thread knackering problem i've had with the originals.

Anybody used them and liked them / dicovered they're crap ?

ta

Go for snail cams!

Snail cams > chain tugs

www.tartybikes.co.uk B)

i didnt think they'd work on a t-pro.

They're still dodgy anyway if you ask me - you don't get smooth adjustment and they can slip.

edit ::

wah - I stand corrected, just checked and theres threaded holes for the bolts on my dropouts

and you get smooth adjustment on the smooth ones - I was clearly talking bollocks.

snailcams it is then

Edited by poopipe

I'd still rather have someone gouge out my eyes then shit in my eye-sockets than run snailcams ;)

The cheapy cheap £5-for-two ones work fine for me, in all honesty. Just bosh 'em on, get the right tension, then cut off the thread so it's flush with the head of the bolt. Hey presto, no way to bend them. Can even file the corners down a bit too if you've got some weirdly thin dropouts so they won't stick out ;) But yeah, they've got a decent width threaded section on them so they don't bend, unlike - say - the Onza ones, or those ridiculously shit twin-allen-bolt ones.

Snail cams are so cool though, just undo wheel bolts slighty then you can adjust precisely where you want your wheel, then do them back up.

So genius, takes about 2 seconds. and they last forever and can never get hit!

Used to use em on my t-pro, and now my megamo radical :}

I dunno, I've never really hit my chain tug either after I first learnt how to sidehop? Since then it's been fine? Last time I hit a chain-tug was doing a pegless icepick on my BMX, which was fair enough I guess :P

But yeah, £5 for 2 tugs will last you fo evarzzzzzz...

I'd still rather have someone gouge out my eyes then shit in my eye-sockets than run snailcams ;)

you never fail to make me giggle with shit like that. The whole kitten smacking thing still brings a tear to my eyes.

Anyway - because I'm still a wee bit innacurate on the whole sidehop thing - hence the bent tensioners. I decided to give the snailcams a go - nothing ventured n all that.

If I dont like em I've got an attractive pair of earrings to gift the missus with :)

If by that you mean the ones that have two bolts which push against the top end and bottom end of your dropout, then yes, they work, and yes, they're really shit and can be bent ridiculously easily. I think I bent a pair landing a gap, somehow?