Creepy Crawler Tyres

M3LLON_t-mag

allthough some websites really seem to love the creepy crawlers there is some problems with them

1.wear rate mine are nearly bald after only 3months

2.cracking down the centre of the tyre you will discover some quite tasty cracks

but on the good side i've not yet had a pinch and they do have amazing grip but wear rate and cracking really needs to be looked at by MAXXIS

mellon (Y)

allthough some websites really seem to love the creepy crawlers there is some problems with them

2.cracking down the centre of the tyre you will discover some quite tasty cracks

but on the good side i've not yet had a pinch and they do have amazing grip but wear rate and cracking really needs to be looked at by MAXXIS

mellon (Y)

hahaha mate you think thats bad, try running try all tyres.

and i havent even had a puncture with my try alls

tom tom

My creepy crawler is shaged now, but i loved it, even though i managed to pinch it so often, i do have the single wall version though as it. came with my t-mag.

Will definitely be buying a new one soon.

Where do you get double wall creepy crawlers from :S i thought they were all the same

Yesterday proved to me that creepy crawlers are the shit. Trying stuff using a luna yesterday I was slipping off sloped rocks, where the creepy crawler held me fine. Even using much reduced pressures, the luna just wouldn't hold.

I'll try the monty 2.7 next and if it's no god i'll be going back to the creepy crawlers.

I had my creepy crawlers for ages and they were so good, really grippy and even when they were worn down they still grippy. But after a while they did start to get pinch flats more and more often and also start to crack but that is understandable as i ride almost every night after school. Great tires.

do have amazing grip

A softer compund will grip better but wear faster

harder compunder will wear slower but have worse grip

so maxxis dont need to change anything so stop moaning and stop doing skids (Y)

My Crawlers let me down doin a sidehop gap. Didnt grip and gave me a mean flat tyre. Wouldnt use enything else though apart from if the monty tyres get good ratings.

They might be cracking because you have a narrow rim with a high tyre pressure and are you sure you dont skid on them?

na man there megga for grip but they drag like hell (N) u even have to pedal down hills?

Oh aye, thats all part of it though. Get yourself a wee pump to throw in a bag when you go out or even one small enough to strap to your bike, then when you want to get to and from anywhere just pump up yo' tyres.....

Otherwise run something differant than a creepy crawler, and have much less grip.

hi

If you are looking for a change in tyres why not try monty tyres, (Y) they are light and grippy. But have the same wear rate as maxis tyres (N)

Have you used the newest Monty tyres? I read the compound was differant so i'd expect a differant wear rate......

hi they are a good tyre but dont last very long, and do crack qhite a bit but for 15.99 from chainreactioncycles.co.uk id say they are really good for the price (Y) thanks aff1e

Exactly, its like 16 quid and its hardly worth complaining about really. It not the tyre thats the problem, its the terrain. These tyres are a really soft compound which means they wont last long at all. They're cheap because they're easily made in their masses and aren't really designed to last.

Fair enough if you don't have a reliable income and can't afford to replace a tyre every 4 months, but theres nowt you can do about that mate.

Hey,

Ive got a standard 'da bomb' tyre on my bike and to be honest its crap and is now almost bald.I need a new tyre (rear) but ive been told that you cant run creepy crawlers on a 20" rim.Is this true?If it is what other other tyres are good for a 20" rim.Thanks

Hey,

Ive got a standard 'da bomb' tyre on my bike and to be honest its crap and is now almost bald.I need a new tyre (rear) but ive been told that you cant run creepy crawlers on a 20" rim.Is this true?If it is what other other tyres are good for a 20" rim.Thanks

Front tyre - 20" diameter

- 2" width

Rear tyre - 19" diameter

- 2.5" width

You can run them on Mods, if thats what you ment, not sure about da bomb bikes unless they have some random 20" diameter rear wheel.

As for other tyres, theres not many on the market. Monty, Maxxis, Try-all to name a few. Probably a few cheap ones on the market too.

Edited by anzo

mellon (Y)

sounds like we have the same problem mate mines doin the same thing dunno wat causes te cracks though ive had mine since christmas and they ave worn down! :shifty:

cheers danny ^_^

Cracks = Old Age + Low Pressure.

Do you run them at mega low pressure when riding on rocks or something causing them to repeatidly fold over?

There are plenty of factors to cause cracks such as pressure, tempreture, age, if you ride long distance, ride fast, ride slow, riding style...who knows, you might just have a faulty tyre, these things happen.

The tyres are waffer thin for what we use them for and they won't stand a lot of abuse.

I've had all the tyres imaginable and in the end i always went back to the luna.

Sure it doesn't grip quite as well as the CC's but its perfectly good for all street riding ever, it NEVER pinches, if you've pinched on a luna you are either Rik Waller or a very harsh rider. And it takes ages to even loose the little bumpy bits on the tread, nevermind the tread itself.

As soon as i put my Creepy's on for the first time i knew they were shit. I still can't understand why everyone bums them. They are too soft, too sticky and too pinchable.

Be a real man and get a luna on there, the old school riders never had any problems with grip.