New Server

tomturd

Yo yo.

As you might have noticed we've moved server, we've now got our own dedicated beasty.

Some things dont work yet and some things are still sitting on the old TF server (like the banner system) but we'll move that over once this server has proved its alright with a few hundred users online.

General forecast: expect more stuff like ability to attach images to posts, and loads more crashes while we iron things out.

:)

EDIT: oh yeah, any weird errors or anything, PM me or Danny.

Why not have a sticky at the top like you did when you changed the skins etc? Wouldn't that make it easier?

Depends how many errors are reported :P There shouldnt be too many hopefully.

We know email doesnt work (dont think) and that some images linked from the old gallery are getting shown up as being hotlinked.. and guidelines and contact button dont work. But thats about as much as we know..

The address will go back to normal once we sort out the DNS and the new server proves to be ok :)

About bloody time too. :P

Quiet You

Mods and seniors have loos there colour :(

They will return once were sure everythings ok.

Does this mean it'll no longer be Invision?

I'm confused... :unsure:

If so, it still has Invision at the bottom :P

If not, I'll be shush :shutit:

No it means the site no longer lives in america.. we moved it to our own server/computer based in london (Y) apart from that though, its exactly the same.

Hope you arn't paying over the odds for it you two. Pah.

Well being in the UK is going to be alot better for TF. Seing as how much its grown. I've been on here for over 4 years now. Sad bugger.

Tom needs to *ahem* ride more.

We should be just about breaking even if things go as planned.

True I do need to ride more, but uni makes you lazy :P

I dont understand :S

I think my post count has went down aswell :(

Was looking farward to the 200 mark :P

A website runs of a computer. This computer is called a server. Normally, this server has a good 40/50 other people on it, and you simply get a "shared" hosting account.

Basically what trials-forum has done is bought their own server. They have complete reign over the server and can use it for what ever means they please. It also means they aren't bound by any hosting provider rules, but more so, they have all the resources of the server to themselves, and as trials-forum has gotten so big, it uses a lot.