Monty Rims Vs Echo Rims

Chris Walls

Hi boys and gals

I've been thinking about building up a Monty 221pr, but i dont no weather to save up and buy the bike complete or to build it up with different parts.

If i was to build one up i would use the echo 06 rims. I've heard some good reviews about these rims but i just wanted to know how they compared with the Monty rims which come standard with the 221pr.

Here is the Monty 221pr

cleanbikes

Thanks very much

Chris (Y):D(Y)

Monty rims... Erm.... CHEESE!! Dent, Buckel, Flat spot... DEAD IN A WEEK!! My mate bought a MOnty 221ti 05 and had the rim 5mins. 1 gap. 1 stupidly huge dent. AVOID!

Echos all the way! I have them atm. Grind up good as fuk. Strong as HELL!!

CRaig

Monty rims... Erm.... CHEESE!! Dent, Buckel, Flat spot... DEAD IN A WEEK!! My mate bought a MOnty 221ti 05 and had the rim 5mins. 1 gap. 1 stupidly huge dent. AVOID!

What a load of rubbish, does'nt your mate put any air in his tyres? :P

I have run loads of rims(including numerous monty) Monty are as strong if not

stronger as any other.

Edited by SamMonty

so why have you run so many if theyre so strong.

Fact : monty make the worse trials rims going ! id rather run a bmx rim to be honest.

dont know about the new black cnced ones but theyre probably the same as the echo cnc'ed ones which are also shit

so why have you run so many if theyre so strong.

Fact : monty make the worse trials rims going ! id rather run a bmx rim to be honest.

dont know about the new black cnced ones but theyre probably the same as the echo cnc'ed ones which are also shit

Yeh iv'e had loads of rims but not broke any of them, have owned them

on different bikes that i have bought & sold, im a lightweight so you must

be a fat git if you brake em, :P:lol:

My mums, auntie's, brothers, uncles, son used the echo rims, the are CRAP and break once you blow air on them!@!:!" :rolleyes:

Echo_scotty, your full of shit, I have been using monty rims for a good two months now, mine have not come out of true, they have not dented, and they are still running as they did the day I got them.

People need to understand that just because one things breaks, does not mean they are all the same, there are so many variables that you simply cannot compare.

Perhaps your friend isn't too smoth, perhaps hes a fat fanny, perhaps his wheels were built badly.......

see?

It's not as black and white as you make out. Come back with some statistics and then i'll believe you when you say one is better than the other, until then, i'll continue to run my monty wheelset.

On topic: have you got a mod at the moment? I've just got myself a 221pr frame stem and bars, once the forks are available i'll be getting them, alltogether it's come to under £300, im using my brakes, bottom bracket, cranks and wheels off my current bike, you could probobly get a wheelset for under £50 secondhand, cranks for 20-30, bb a tenner, brakes, maybe 50 for a front and rear, thats second hand estimates....

So you could have yourself a nice wee bike, maybe not so good wheels, but something to ride on ffor a while allowing you to save up for something better......

I couldn't personally justify dropping hat amoujnt of money on the full builf in one go, so im basically buying it in small stages lol.....

Yeh my monty rims were cheese aswell did a gap , didnt even gat a puncture ,started riding along and the rim was f**kin takin chunks out of my pad.Never get them lol.The old echo rims are better than the new.The new 26" inch echo rims arnt ment to be that good either but the 20 inch ones are. ;)

You will never sleep tonight ! :D

You will have a nightmare if i tell u what's happened to mine, :$

Disk mount broken or something? The '06 pr seems to have the '05ti's disk mount, something which im lead to believe is fairly weak, not that it matter's to me as i'll be using maggies for the forseeable future.....

Yeh my monty rims were cheese aswell did a gap , didnt even gat a puncture ,started riding along and the rim was f**kin takin chunks out of my pad.Never get them lol.The old echo rims are better than the new.The new 26" inch echo rims arnt ment to be that good either but the 20 inch ones are. ;)

Take note folks, this young man rides a Zoo!.....

Take what you want from that....

jake no offence, sounds like you cant accept monty rims are shite. theyre good for the natural smoooth type riders, infact for natural they are one o the best options, theyre uber light, grind pretty decent i suppose and dont really dent on small moves, if you ride street dont get them, the monty xlite rims on street are crap, i must be fat, i snapped sidewall off of my old one and dented it to shit, so has, squince, danny foster, jack marshall, oh we must all be fat, thatd be half true if BILLOCKS who is about the same weight as a bag of crisps has dented the shit out of his and his hasnt been ground at all. they are generally wank rims if your not smooth :). sorry didnt have my say about echo rims erm the 05 ones, me and squince (we are both very harrsh on rims) havent dented one yet they are mint rims, grind up awesomely too, cant comment on the 06 rims i heard mixed comments about them. some being theyre too hard you cant grind them very good down to theyre made of cheese lol havent tried them personally or know anyone well thats tried them

Edited by Gaz M

Your right, I can't accept it, because the rims I have are absoutley fine and I havn't had a problem with them as of yet, I can only give an opinion based on my experiance with them.

Post's claiming 'my mate' blah blah blah, doesnt mean f**k all to me.

Are you familiar with a game called chinese whispers? How often does it get back to the source without having changed?

Your right, I can't accept it, because the rims I have are absoutley fine and I havn't had a problem with them as of yet, I can only give an opinion based on my experiance with them.

Post's claiming 'my mate' blah blah blah, doesnt mean f**k all to me.

Are you familiar with a game called chinese whispers? How often does it get back to the source without having changed?

yes, and im saying your more than likely a smooth rider :) you can say no at times im harsh but obviousely not because your rim would be f**ked. like i said if your smooth they are good rims :). cant be bothered to argue, if theyre good why doesnt anyone run them. the xalp rims were mint, so are the new lower range monty rims because theyre really hard, but theyre just a load heavier then the higher models

Edited by Gaz M

My mums, auntie's, brothers, uncles, son used the echo rims, the are CRAP and break once you blow air on them!@!:!" :rolleyes:

Echo_scotty, your full of shit, I have been using monty rims for a good two months now, mine have not come out of true, they have not dented, and they are still running as they did the day I got them.

People need to understand that just because one things breaks, does not mean they are all the same, there are so many variables that you simply cannot compare.

Perhaps your friend isn't too smoth, perhaps hes a fat fanny, perhaps his wheels were built badly.......

see?

It's not as black and white as you make out. Come back with some statistics and then i'll believe you when you say one is better than the other, until then, i'll continue to run my monty wheelset.

On topic: have you got a mod at the moment? I've just got myself a 221pr frame stem and bars, once the forks are available i'll be getting them, alltogether it's come to under £300, im using my brakes, bottom bracket, cranks and wheels off my current bike, you could probobly get a wheelset for under £50 secondhand, cranks for 20-30, bb a tenner, brakes, maybe 50 for a front and rear, thats second hand estimates....

So you could have yourself a nice wee bike, maybe not so good wheels, but something to ride on ffor a while allowing you to save up for something better......

I couldn't personally justify dropping hat amoujnt of money on the full builf in one go, so im basically buying it in small stages lol.....

Hi mate, i havent got a mod at the moment, i currently ride a zoo pitbull but i want to try out a mod cause i feel i would be better on a mod.

Ive got about £250 saved up at the moment and its my birthday in august so im gona gradually buy the parts and hopefully by my birthday it will be complete.

Thanks for the replies everyone (Y)

Cheers Chris