Got The New Monty 221pr

Josh!!

and the bike rides amzingly smooth and i love the shortness of it ;) it really helps with hooks andthings B)

ordered mine at 9:30 this morning just after they opened

did you order off cleanbikes? if you did they are amazingly quick they got everything sorted for me. will go straight to cleanbikes in the future(Y)

Edited by Josh!!

Ill openly admit i took the piss out of montys..... Ohhhh i was so wrong, I just love mine. First proper ride of it yesterday on both rocks and street. I can gap bigger on it and also on rocks its just awesome and i love the feel of it. But most of all which is the most important thing is that it is fun.

:D Thats it... The GU has gota go. haha now I've just got to persuade my dad thats its a good move .

How does it ride?

The only thing i can say about it is that the control on the backwheel is super perfect for me. Its flicky and i just love it, I thought it would be rubbish for street but my gaps are better and it seems easy.

Got mine today, absoutley beaut.

I can't ride mine as my old forks steerer is too short, so i'm going to have to wait for the new forks to arrive before getting out on it.

I was slightly concened about the lack or rear booster mounts on the frame as I don't like booster's mounted on maggies too much, the rear brake area is definately stiff enough to run magura's without a booster.

Also impressed with the steam and bars, the bars are just so light....

The 2.7 tyre is lush too......

My only gripe would be that the sticker for the seat area will inevitably crease, because it has to bend one way due to the bend in the top tube, and another due to the tube being circular.....Hopefully it'll be easy to sort out. I gotta go to work now unfortunately but im very happy with mine indeed.

Forks should be available in a week im told.

EDIT: I just put the sticker on, I stuck the middle down, making sure it was centered properly, and then at the point where it's widest I worked from the middle towards the sides slowly, almost stretching the sticker then it's just a case of making sure the sides are stuck properly.... It's very easy actually...

Edited by jake1516

Got mine today, absoutley beaut.

I can't ride mine as my old forks steerer is too short, so i'm going to have to wait for the new forks to arrive before getting out on it.

I was slightly concened about the lack or rear booster mounts on the frame as I don't like booster's mounted on maggies too much, the rear brake area is definately stiff enough to run magura's without a booster.

Also impressed with the steam and bars, the bars are just so light....

The 2.7 tyre is lush too......

My only gripe would be that the sticker for the seat area will inevitably crease, because it has to bend one way due to the bend in the top tube, and another due to the tube being circular.....Hopefully it'll be easy to sort out. I gotta go to work now unfortunately but im very happy with mine indeed.

Forks should be available in a week im told.

EDIT: I just put the sticker on, I stuck the middle down, making sure it was centered properly, and then at the point where it's widest I worked from the middle towards the sides slowly, almost stretching the sticker then it's just a case of making sure the sides are stuck properly.... It's very easy actually...

What colour you got red or sliver?

Whens its all built whack some pics up, i love the look of these bikes. :D

I ordered my 221pr frame today B) , but unfortunately it will probably be another couple of months before i get to ride it :( , as i've only got frame, headset and bottom bracket at the mo.

Cheers Chris

What colour you got red or sliver?

Whens its all built whack some pics up, i love the look of these bikes. :D

I ordered my 221pr frame today B) , but unfortunately it will probably be another couple of months before i get to ride it :( , as i've only got frame, headset and bottom bracket at the mo.

Cheers Chris

High hoe silver!!

It's just so nice I am dying to get out on it.

221pr, the one's that come on the full build.

Mine is basically the full build but with Monty x-lite cranks, (the one's you get when you buy them seperatley - the one's on the full build are differant) Monty x-lite wheels, the ones which came on the older 221 x-lite bike's (champagne coloured with monty/quando hubs) and full polished magura set-up rather than front disk.

good question.probably because no 1 had a clue when it was coming out. was that the first orders that got to cleanbikes to be ever in the uk????

Yes, we'd had the 2005 frames in, but those that arrived here last Tuesday were the first 2006 frames to come out of Spain.

We weren't absolutely certain till they got here that they would actually be the 2006 ones! :unsure: