Gu Typhoon

M3LLON_t-mag

I currently ride an onza t-mag but want to progress to a better bike and i'm thinking about getting a GU 20" and i was just wandering if you ride one what are they like to ride and also what are the good and bad points on them i just want some info before i go and buy one

cheers

mellon

Hey,

Well were i live in stoney my mate has a gu typhoon 20'' and to say the least it is an awsome ride.

It doesn't have the best stem and bar on it but it still feels very springy and light.

But he has spent a lot of money on his bike and that would be why it is soo nice to ride.

Here is stus bike:

stuarts bike :)

You will see it is a very nice bike.

Hope this was of help to you

Cheers

Aidan C.

they are sexual, they are great on the back wheel, good for gapping, good at side hops, i wudnt say they r bad for any technique. bad points they have shit tyre clearence for the back tyre and like all deng bikes u cant use chain tugs

This is another pointless topic. The bestway to decide is to find someone who owns one and ride it for yourself. Everyone who owns one is more than likely to say that "its the best bike they have ever ridden".

Its pointless, im sure there is another one of these. Use the search function and find out

From Lee

GU's alright, I prefered my old Python 05 though (Y)

Front wheel moves are alot easier on't GU but it doesnt feel as 'smooth' and easy to ride as the python did, maybe it's just mine?

yeah but i wuold rather ask than rush into getting one ok many people like to know others opinions ok

Had both the long and short. The long, having a 1045WB was total shit, yet the short was by far the best frame I had ridden. Great ground clearance, 1010mm wheelbase which is just about perfect for everything. The workmanship was pretty poor, yet probably all the Echo frames are going down the drain. What more can I say.. if I didn't want a shorter frame I'd definately go back to it.

Go for it!

I currently ride an onza t-mag but want to progress to a better bike and i'm thinking about getting a GU 20" and i was just wandering if you ride one what are they like to ride and also what are the good and bad points on them i just want some info before i go and buy one

cheers

mellon

Hi there

If you are looking for a Gu frame and not thw whole bike there is a lad called joe on the forum who is selling a one. Have a look around and you should find the topic. From what i know he is looking for around £180 for the frame and it is also only 4 months old.

Hope this helps (Y) you make you choice weathwer or not to get one..

Cheers joe :sleeping:

I've heard alot of possitivity about the Short GU in contrast with the long version? From both Gaz Meridith and Danny Foster.

After having ago on the short Gu it feels well flickable, the high BB isnt really noticable at all, perhaps because it is 60MM BB rise and the Pythons are 55MM makes that 5MM difference hardly anything. It gaps alot easier than any Mod i've ridden, and sidehops especially well, this is probably due to its short chain stays making it flick up alot easier, in comparison to the python which has a longer back end.

Edited by James_R