Brits Coming To Canada

DangerousDave

So Andrei mentioned he had thought about coming out to Whistler for the Trialsworx competition this summer so I thought I'd post up some info.

Now remember all the prices used in here are in Canadian dollars unless otherwise noted.

Exchange rate right now sits at about 1 GBP=2 CAD. so you can divide all the prices in half

When: Saturday July 29th, 2006

Where: Whistler, British Columbia, Canada

What: Trialsworx Competition

-Prizes for Novice and Sport

-Free kids competition on Friday

-Medals and Draw prizes including a Monty 221 PR Trials Frame

-Minimum $1000 Purse between Elite and Expert, Depending on rider entries and sponsors it may increase

-Novice/ Sport $25 and $10 uninsured or $30 insured day licenses

-Expert/Elite $35 and $10 uninsured or $30 insured day licenses

This event runs in conjunction with the huge Crankworx Mountain Bike Festival. Its a world class event with 4x, dirt jump, slope style and other competitions.

check it http://www.crankworx.com/details/

There are a limited number of rooms at the Lost Lake Lodge. It is a 10 minute walk from the village and has a pool, hot tub and full kitchen facilities in every room. We had a one bedroom suite and it was huge and unbelievably nice.

Suite Murphy bed and fold out couch $89 CAD

1 bdr one bedroom and fold out couch $99 CAD ***can easily fit four people***

2 bdr two bedrooms and fold out couch $129 CAD

IPB ImageIPB Image

Whistler is a world-class resort with the finest lift access downhill biking in the world. The bike park tickets are very reasonable with top of the line rental equipment available. There is also a BMX Dirt-jump Park, a two tiered skate bowl, a fully loaded street park, awesome x-country trails and many more activities. While in the Vancouver area also visit the famous “North Shore” for some incredible riding on some of the finest trails in the world!

Tourism Whistler website www.tourismwhistler.com

Crankworx website www.crankworx.com

Just to give you an idea for flights leaving on July 21 and returning August 2 would cost about 500 GBP

Some pics from last years sections, note that Hans Rey came out and competed in his first trials comp in about 8 years and said it was a great event!

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Edited by DangerousDave

MINT!!! and looks kool. i will seriously consider this, as im not going to be able to make it to the world rounds, i may even see if ben savage can go??? would be good to go with a couple or a few english lads.

looks like a top dog and fun event.

il look into it dude. how many canadians made it to koxx days and which ones did i meet?? and will they be at this competition???? cheers

Waynio........................

MINT!!! and looks kool. i will seriously consider this, as im not going to be able to make it to the world rounds, i may even see if ben savage can go??? would be good to go with a couple or a few english lads.

looks like a top dog and fun event.

il look into it dude. how many canadians made it to koxx days and which ones did i meet?? and will they be at this competition???? cheers

Waynio........................

Five canadians in total made it to Koxx Days, I rode the Echo control with red rims and yellow rim tape, we overlapped through a few of the sections at the comp.

And yes that is Hans riding. Looks like OTN is down so some of the pics don't work but they should be up again eventually.

yes dave i remember (Y) you were camped near us too werent you????

il probably send you an e-mail at some point when i have a bit of time, and if you could send me the details and stuff. il see what im able to cunjour up. would be kool if a few of the english lads went 2gether????

Waynio.........................

• 2 months later...