Heatsink Reds

Mike Beck

heatsink reds are the worst brake pads in the world ever, dont even be temted to think about buying them(N) (yeah, worse than coolstops and blacks) and the worst bit of it is that i swapped them for koxx greens :wub: (lush with a grind). But its not all that bad 'cos il be getting some toxsin pads which are like the best ever.

Cheers lewis

heatsink reds are the worst brake pads in the world ever, dont even be temted to think about buying them(N) (yeah, worse than coolstops and blacks) and the worst bit of it is that i swapped them for koxx greens :wub: (lush with a grind). But its not all that bad 'cos il be getting some toxsin pads which are like the best ever.

Cheers lewis

lol your obviously an idiot then

Cheers lewis

Another specimen

I'm sure that the rest of the forum will agree that heatsink reds are amazing pads, better again in CNC backings. A mates got some and theres no flex at all in his brake, REALLY stiff.

Im sure Steve dosen't need tools like you making topics about how crap is pads are, when there obviously not.

How long have you ridden them for? Why are they 'crap'?

:huh:

Cheers lewis

Care to explain why there so bad.

Everyone i know who uses them loves them.

sam

Yeah it will depend on if your using them with a grind or not. Certain rims hold grinds better than others, i'm sure megemo isn't on the greatest side.

A lot of people use them on the back, not sure about the front but still...

Try them on the back maybe?

If theres any residue on the pads rub them off with a bit of sandpaper or such like. (Y)

Rob_P Posted Today, 10:39 PM

Yeah it will depend on if your using them with a grind or not. Certain rims hold grinds better than others, i'm sure megemo isn't on the greatest side.

A lot of people use them on the back, not sure about the front but still...

Try them on the back maybe?

If theres any residue on the pads rub them off with a bit of sandpaper or such like.

megamo rims are just the same as alex's but drilled, pretty harsh grind done today courtsey of mr.gareth merideth and they are on the back.

maybe ill try taking off the booster as i heard that it makes them sound ace and make it work better :S

Yeah, i dont like the pads.

I like koxx browns ALOT more, they actually bite and hold, unlike the HS reds.

I thought for a change i would regrind my rim, and put the HS reds on, but after 1 day or riding, i went back to the browns, as the reds caused me to snap the bash off my frame cause the brake slipped too much (N)

I'm sure that the rest of the forum will agree that heatsink reds are amazing pads, better again in CNC backings. A mates got some and theres no flex at all in his brake, REALLY stiff.

AGREED! Mine are the nuts, Your obviously not doing something right!