How Did You Start Trials

i saw this guy trialbiking, had never seen it before because i live in the netherlands.

i was quite impressed, so i asked him how much that strange bike with no seat costs..bit too expensive for me so never considered buying one.

till my friends both started a new hobby and encouraged me to start trials, so i got a trialbike from my parents and thats how i started :)

• 2 months later...

What started it off for me is when me and my mates used to go bmxing allot. We kept on seeing these guys on funny bikes without a seat hopping off, up and over stuff. One day we went with them and found out they was called trials bikes and they were ultra light :) . We saw them hopping off stuff so we decided to wheelie off big stuff and we got to about 6ft! We asked one of them why did he start trials and he said to do bigger drops than on his old bmx.

So what we thought is if he used to do what we did, we could maybe do what he did on his trials bike. Then we all got trials bikes, i got an onza t-vee, one of my mates got a saracen mad 2 zero , another got a 2002 t pro and the other one got a hardcore bike (never heard of it).

At first it was so hard to do anything and the guy who ridded trials before told us if we learnt to trackstand we would learn lots quickly. Then we mostly picked up the rest of the stuff from watching others and videos and now we are pretty good (almost as good as him now). And thats how i got into the amazing sport and will stick with it! ;)

Cheers BIG L (Y)

I bought a specialized P.3 and diddnt know what trials was. I watched the collective and saw Ryan Leech. I decided that i wanted to do that type of riding.. It looked more fun than just dirt jumping. I lightened up my P.3 a little bit and have been doing trials riding on it. I am currently in the process of getting an ST-1 and all my parts.

Edited by justfuzzit

• 2 weeks later...

The main reason i started was through trials motorbike riding. I can remember being at a competition when i was younger and seeing some trials push bike riders and was stunned by what they could do on a bike, and from then on i was hooked. Our local trials motorbike dealer occasionally got a few montys in, so we ended up buying a 219 alp, and the interest grew from there. (Y)

There also use to be a programme on Tv that showed trials motorbike and push bike riding alot, i think it was called kickstart or something.

I saw a couple of people in my school riding and thought that it looked amazing so i started trying to learn on my old y-frame, then i bought the video- Tricks and Stunts and i was totally hooked after that! so i bought a DDG Shooter :P

Somehow after alot of street riding und manuals und all that stuff, when I was bored to death with all that. I told to my mate: "Allrite. I have enough of that shit. Let's do something else now". I newer saw a trials rider before, but did hear a little about it, so we agreed to try trials and started up with pedal kick on our dual bikes (it was in winter) ;]

Edited by plazermen

ive ridin bikes all my life and always been in to jump etc then one day couple of my m8s from round the corner of my old house were trialsing by then i was about 9 and i had some shitty bmx and my dads m8 come round one day with his soon and he did a side hop of this big wall ner me and he gt me to try and 1st time i did it from there i progressed doin more things on this bmx then i went out and bought saracen x lyte that had massive tripple clamps on it with made the front high so helpedme get up things then removed themn and gt sum nice ridgeds by this time there was about 7 or 8 of use riding trials and till now ive bin on and off riding due to funds and time now am getin mor bk into it and looking to purchase new mod ready for the summer have seen a few in the for sale section but cant as yet get there to bye but there we go my trials story lol (Y):P

I started Trials when I saw "Dirty tricks and cunning stunts" it's the best video ever it's funny and it teaches you moves. What more do you want :D My first bike was a T-Bird with V-Brakes great starter bike (Y)