Bleeding Motorbike Brakes?

wayn3

Does anyone know how to bleed motorbike brakes? I have just got a new master cyilinder(sp)for the bakc brake, and now i'm stuck , could i have some help in as much detail as possible please.

Thanks

I whacked a new master cylinder on the bacl of my TDR and bled it myself. First off I have one of those one man bleed kit things which basically is just a tube with a one way valve that goes on the caliper end. I shoved that on the caliper bleed nipple and took the cap off the reservoir. If you then undo the bleed nipple slightly (like half a turn) and then pump the rear brake lever it'll pump fluid through the system. Just keep the reservoir topped up and bob's your uncle! Once you're happy it's done tighten the nipple up again, top up the reservoir if needed and you're done.

Dave

I whacked a new master cylinder on the bacl of my TDR and bled it myself. First off I have one of those one man bleed kit things which basically is just a tube with a one way valve that goes on the caliper end. I shoved that on the caliper bleed nipple and took the cap off the reservoir. If you then undo the bleed nipple slightly (like half a turn) and then pump the rear brake lever it'll pump fluid through the system. Just keep the reservoir topped up and bob's your uncle! Once you're happy it's done tighten the nipple up again, top up the reservoir if needed and you're done.

Dave

Is this the tube thing halfords ?

As monkeyseemonkeydo said, but get a friend to help and keep an eye on the res. theres nothing more annoying then bleeding it all through only to realise you've been pumping air though aswell as.

You don't exactly need a bleed kit, I do it without all the time. They make like easier, but its not a must have in my opinion.

Good luck, its a b*****d.

Dave

Erm i have just done it but the completely different way, my syringe wasn't working properly so i put a clear tube on the bleed valve(when loosened off) and just pored fluid into the reservoir and pumped the brake lever until all the air bubbles have gone then tightened the bleed nipple. It seems to work ok.

Thanks for your help anyway.