Cheap Disc Brake

trialsinchris

ok im after a disc brake but cant find one any good thats not very expensive so i m just wondering if this very cheap brake is any good for trials?

disc brake link

im not good at all yet so it wouldnt need to take anything extreme so tell me what you think please

also please advise on a cheapish disc brake for trials f this one isnt any good as i really want one

chris

Edited by trialsinchris

if tehy guy is a nice honest person he should send it to you let you try it and if you dont liek it then send it back.

Not really? There's no way he'd be able to sell a used disc brake for the same amount as a brand new unfitted one is there...

I wouldn't bother, all the clarks mechanical disc brakes I've tried on other bikes have been a bag of wank. Not tried it on a trials bike obviously but from memory they were just generally....crap.

Get the set up right and they can be snappy as hell!!! but there in lies the problem, as sometimes they don't modulate very well :S

the other problem is that some of them use a floating caliper (as in it's mounted on two pins with rubber shim's and not bolted to the fork) and the shims b#gger up well quick..

I have a front Shimano unit, works well, power was ok then i fitted new pads and cleaned the rotor, now i'm a happy man, it should be fine if your a beginner. (contact me if you want to buy one on the Shimano disc brakes as i have afew lying around).