Freeridetrials_club - Closure

freeridetrials_club

as some of you may have noticed the decision has been made to close freeridetrials_club down for good. there are a number of factors that have lead to this decision and although i see no point in this turning into a full blown row i think it is only fair to explain the reasons for the club closing.

- lack of interest from riders

- lack of funding

- severe difficulty in establishing a working and committed committee

- too much negativity from the riders for the amount of work we had to put in

overall the work we were putting in was not appreciated by the majority of the riders and we felt we were wasting our time. i had planned to organise a big event for this summer but after thinking about the last events we ran and the competitions i have attended over the last few months i do not feel the trials scene in the UK is in a stable enough possition to bother wasting our time running events anymore.

if the time comes when all the bitching has gone and the riders have all united as one to make trials in the UK a more accepted and proffesional looking sport then the club may start back up but as the situation currently stands there is too much back stabbing, bitching and alteriour motives for the sport to suceed.

i am very sorry to see the club fold, as the UK's newest club and with a relatively alternative view to competitions and events i feel the club had the chance to be very successful, where we went wrong i can not be certain but i am sure it was not through a lack of trying or willingness to succeed.

i hope the other clubs in the UK will be able to run effectively in the future where we were not able to but my fear is that unless the attitude of many of the riders changes the sport as a whole will find itself crippled beyond repair. what people need to appreciate is that organising competitions is a thankless task, one that we dont have to do, and if you want competitions to happen how about everyone puts in a little more effort, cuts down on the foul language, brings a friend or family member along to spectate, trys to be a bit more possitive, is honest with each other and cut out the pointless back stabbing.

good luck to all the UK clubs and i hope that the closure of our club will make the riders realise that things have got to change, you know who you are - STOP RUINING OUR SPORT!

*to those who have tried to help, been possitive and supportive and tried to make things work i extend my deepest thanks to you, unfortunately there were too few of us*

Edited by freeridetrials_club

Id also like to point out that club has....spares left over

So if anyone would like to take free pallets, tractor tyres or cotton reels, please PM me asap as they'll have gone before the end of the month....

Id also like to point out that club has....spares left over

So if anyone would like to take free pallets, tractor tyres or cotton reels, please PM me asap as they'll have gone before the end of the month....

partz, sexymike will have all the spare equipment, talk to him, i'll let him know.

sorry to hear it close really, the comps that they done where really good in the indoor hall, shame everybody missed out on it, even the little demos for the council where good.

phil.

the collection of riding kit will have to be collected from llandudno btw (partz forgot to mention that :P ) but if anyone can make good use of it theres alot of quality riding kit there...

we also still have about 10 club T's, they are 100% organic cotton howies T's printed on the back with the club name and sponsors. anyone interested in them please PM me an offer, they were £17.50 each and cost us about £13 each so drop us an offer if your ineterested in one (Y)

i am very sorry to see the club fold, as the UK's newest club and with a relatively alternative view to competitions and events i feel the club had the chance to be very successful, where we went wrong i can not be certain but i am sure it was not through a lack of trying or willingness to succeed.

fraid thats not true :), but sorry to hear of the closure, you guys did make the effort and hopefully other clubs will not begin to close.

Hopefully it will be back when people stop being so up themselves

:)

Ben

P.s its not the newest because of the NBTC-scotland.com trials series opening last month :)

the collection of riding kit will have to be collected from llandudno btw (partz forgot to mention that :P ) but if anyone can make good use of it theres alot of quality riding kit there...

we also still have about 10 club T's, they are 100% organic cotton howies T's printed on the back with the club name and sponsors. anyone interested in them please PM me an offer, they were £17.50 each and cost us about £13 each so drop us an offer if your ineterested in one (Y)

Ahem, any chance of mine?

ben - totally forgot about your northerners, sorry dude

pete - its in my room and for the delay i'll make sure another one wings its way to you

wayne - pm'd you mate

it certainly is sad but as ben so rightly said people need to get out of their own asses before this sport will ever suceed

well we are just starting out now, so i dont know how well it will all go, but im hoping we dont have to close in a years time.

it seems to be a thankless task, tom and co. put alot of effort in advertising the comps and making them cheap with a mixture of street indoor and outdoor. The comps seemed successful, but the lack of support means this decision has been reached.

Many people criticise but dont aim to help,

"first to slag, last to help" <--- thats the statement that sums it up me thinks (about alot of people in trials). comps are fun and allow to meet new riders.

Anyway thats my tuppence :)

Ben

ben - totally forgot about your northerners, sorry dude

pete - its in my room and for the delay i'll make sure another one wings its way to you

wayne - pm'd you mate

it certainly is sad but as ben so rightly said people need to get out of their own asses before this sport will ever suceed

Quality, you still got my address tom?

it was a bit of a laugh so lets try and remeber what was good about the club :)

cheers to all the north wales riders

Damn well said boy! Thanks everyone for all the events that happened and everyone who turned up

Ill always have the vid :-:D

yeah craig i thought it was you but its always better to look forgetful than stupid...

yeah man that indoor event was the one, that vid will always bring happy time flooding back, i can't believe how late iolo, ali, sam and i stayed there one night! still riping the course hard at 3am!!!

those were the days, a huge thank you to everyone who made them as great as they were

tom

sorry to hear about this

Partz has PMed me, i will be making my way down midday saturday to see what i can salvage off u guys

Cheerz

This saturday!? :S

Um Im kind of working lol but i finish at 3 so I can meet you then :)

This saturday!? :S

Um Im kind of working lol but i finish at 3 so I can meet you then :)

well ur just bloody gay then! lol

nah im kidding, i will be there, if possible, ne 1 else let me in just to get sum stuff so i can do a trip, if not, no probs!

Cheers