Video Conversion-burning Etc

Concussion

I want to take all the moving clips I have stored on my PC and put them on a CD-RW disk to watch on my DVD player. This varies from short bike clips / clips from my phone and camera / movies I have downloaded etc. (avi / dvix / mov file / etc arrhhhh!)

Note: I only have a CD burner and CD-RW disks........and a very limited knowledge of video formats etc.

I have tried to achieve this using....Sonic / Nero / Alcohol 120% / Imtoo / winpeg / diko....and every time I get probs with conversion / file-recognition / playing problems. So I give in and go looking for the next so called `all-in-one` application.

Sonic: basic programme, copies disks and makes music compilations

Nero: looks good, just can't get my head round the several applications contained in the product?

Alcohol120% : burns but won't recognise converted files

Imtoo: converts but won't burn to disk

Winpeg/Diko: er` I forget

Is video conversion-compression a terribly complicated process that I should just stay away from or is there really a good user friendly programme that can do everything?

Hope you can help, but I'm close to giving up! :(

you will only be able to burn to a VCD or SVCD because u have a cd writer not dvd. but thats not a problem, just means you won't be able to have loads of clips (depending on size) on the disk.

i tend to use a mixture of 2 programs if im burning something for a vcd. i encode it using MainConcept MPEG Encoder (to VCD) then i use nero and burn it using the vcd part of the program.

Alternatively you can just buy a DIVX player (around £30/40) which plays almost any format including dvd's,cd's, avi's, divx's, xvid's etc and all you have to do is burn your media to a disk as data.

divx player

^^^ link to a divx player, can search for better ones but this was just an example of one.

hope this info helps,

Ollie

Nero will make VCDs and do all the converting for you (and do menu's as well if you want).

Open up 'Nero Burning Rom' (from the Data group if you have 7.0) - you'll see this screen. Make sure CD is selected in the drop down menu at the top left.

[attachmentid=4005]

It'll convert the videos to the right format as you drag them across.

post-2-1145799483_thumb.jpg

I 've heard about Divx players but I would like to give disks to friends to play on their DVD players also. I will take a deep breath and see if I can't make Nero work.

What a horribly complicated video file knowledge biased subject this is!

Thank you guys (Y)

Sucess...you little ripper......thanks a million (Y)

Edited by Concussion