Trying To Find Decent Music Editing Software..

Sam Nichols

I've heard of a programme called 'garage' something.. But I can't remember the proper name.

Anybody on here use anything that i can mix music with? Preferably not just samples like drum and bass, but I want to be able to mix in guitars and drums and shizz before adding my own vocals.

Any ideas?

Well basically I want to make some songs - I have made a few comedy ones using windows sound recorder, some downloaded samplers/effects and adobe premier!

But i want something a bit more specific than adobe premier haha. So basically i want to be able to have a timeline and add drums, guitars, samplers, vocals etc and build up.

I am familiar with the music compostion programme 'sibelius' but I want something slightly less involved than that.. If you get me?? (and if you know what sibelius is!)

Then cubase sx should forfill all those needs and if it's too complicated them maybe you should consider reading and learning...

Yeah to be honest i was just being lazy! I think I'll go for that and just learn to use it. I kinda get fed up learning to use new programmes though. Oh well cheers for your help!!

Garageband for Mac is awesome

You need a Mac to run it though

Yeah I've heard it's good (couldn't remember the name). I didnt realise it was mac only though so I'll have to give it a miss.

Thanks everyone.