Organic Or Sintered Pads

Ali C

I have a magura marta and the power is somwhat lacking at the mo.

I am getting a couple of pads, some to use some as spairs, but I am stuck......

......I always thought organic was meant to be the more powerful pad, yet on chainreaction it advertises sintered pads as having more power.

I just need someone to tell me straight so I can go and order them.

cheerio chappies

oh, then theres the issue of which pads???

Magura's own?

kool stop?

a2z?

goodridge?

fibrax?

EBC?

There shouldn't be much difference if any between sintered and normal magura pads, sintered are made so there will be vitrually no bedding in and they run cleaner. I've found fibrax pads to perform quite well, but you could go for the usual ebc as they tend to put out good quality pads.

sintered pads i think contain traces of metal, which one increases their ability to conduct and dissapate heat, greata for downhill and two makes them longer wearing.

organic generally has a shorter life time than sintered.

i think thats right :ermm: , ive only ever had dics only dh bike and ive always used sintered

craig

got some of those pads :P

they are seriously grabby!! best hold of any pad on any brake I have tried (even avids)

its not all good though, they squeel like pigs and get water on them and say goodby to any power at all!! not sure how long they will last either......I am just gonna take them along to comps and use them if I need the extra power.

so I am after pads for everyday and comp use.

seems sintered could be the way, but I'll wait for some more replys before buying

ali please dont use sintered pads in the marts as they will get to hot and melt the plastic piston, only use organic pads for this reason

the best pads fo the marta are the koolstops can be found on ebay for about £15

there is a reason magura use organic pads so listen to me on this one and save your brake/life (Y)

ali please dont use sintered pads in the marts as they will get to hot and melt the plastic piston, only use organic pads for this reason

the best pads fo the marta are the koolstops can be found on ebay for about £15

there is a reason magura use organic pads so listen to me on this one and save your brake/life (Y)

The material of the pads seriously does not change the amount of kinetic energy that is transformed into heat. :S

well, got payed £60 today, so I have splashed out on a few pads (I tend to wreck them pretty quick anyway)

I went for:

a red koolstop

A2Z blues

Fibrax sintered

and goodridge sintered.

I'll probably try the koolstops first

cheers for the help guys

Ali; either keep this thread open or just keep me posted on MSN concerning the performance of the pads you have just ordered. I have the same problem as you... Marta is just lacking in power, and im feeling new pads are my best bet. :)

Could be like a disc pad review section :P

Cheers,

Joe.

ok guys you can listen to me if you wish but if you dont i, not really bothered just trying to save you lot time money and effort (Y)

joe you marta is most probly leaking if its lacking power iv had that a few times try some water on it and if it makes a shit nosie then im right

magura will replace the calliper for you no charge

aha, I was looking for this topic....

got my koolstop pads today, popped them on and after 5 mins of riding they are pretty awesome! plenty of power, not thaaat much bite, but more than enough needed and it helps with stoppies (remember them?) and other stuff... I reccomend them (Y)

I'll test the others as and when I get them