Turning Magura Pads Into Vee Brake Pads

ding_dong

well first of all you pop your magura pads into the oven for a round 5 mins at a high temp (keep an eye on them) and then the material will just fall out of the backings.

then take some old vee brake pads that you don't want, they cannot be used after this, i used some like this [attachmentid=4616],

then destroy them until you get something that looks like this from it

[attachmentid=4617].

then destroy that until you get something that looks like this,

[attachmentid=4609],[attachmentid=4610],

the next bit gets a bit destructive and if you ever want to use them as magura pads again, then i sugest you get some spare backings, as now you need to drill out the clip (that attaches it to the piston) so you just have a hole through the back of the backing, then take

[attachmentid=4610] <<<<that and stick it in like this >>>>[attachmentid=4611], [attachmentid=4612] ,[attachmentid=4613].

then after you have stuck that in using superglue or araldite (sp?) you may need to cut a bit of the underside of the pad away, where it rises for the clip bit (that you drilled out).

then stick your material back in also using superglue or araldite, you will have some vee brake pads, looking like this>>>[attachmentid=4614], [attachmentid=4615].

as i said this is a cheapo option rather than buying vee brake pads or heatsink cnced backings then the pads and transfaring them over.

well i hoped i helped some one.

post-8630-1147725987.jpg

post-8630-1147726031.jpg

post-8630-1147726284.jpg

post-8630-1147726304.jpg

post-8630-1147726331.jpg

post-8630-1147726554.jpg

post-8630-1147726576.jpg

post-8630-1147726807.jpg

post-8630-1147726847.jpg

Edited by ding_dong

The bolt bit looks kinda short... :ermm:

yeah its the type of pad it was from, they have a really short bolt, and im using then on my bmx, they just have one nut on the end.

and steve, i don't have a clue what you mean, im using then on my bmx brake and there fine and haven't moved (if that what you mean? :S )

childish comments ^^^

anyways, good guide mate, well invented :D

i would probarbly use this as a guide if i were gunna use v-brakes :)

cheers

Will

Chill out dear :P:)

I don't trust myself to make anything to do with brakes . I'd rather break the bank than myself :P

Adam read did something simlar to this with some koxx browns on a grund ronnie rim best v brake i have ever tried.

he got a bit of steel plate and put a bolt on, then screwed it to the maggy backings-i have them now :) seemed decent enough when i used them, just i couldnt stand the nasty loud sound they made!