Koxx Blocks , What Coulour To Get ?

I'm getting some koxx Blocks on sunday , what would you recommend to get?

A)Red

B)Brown

C)Blue

D)Yellow

Tell me if there's more :P

Thanks,

Dave

And Green...more information might be useful? What rim? Grind/tar/bare? Harsh/Medium/Light grind? Usual riding conditions?

Hello

I am currently running the browns on a medium grind. They have been going strong now for a few months and have well over 2/3 of pad left. I have had no problems with slipping in the wet or dry conditions. They feel very solid to ride with (the pads wont get squashed as they are a very hard compound)

Depending on your preference they make a very loud squeak on my bike but it may be different on a lighter/heavier grind.

Hope i've helped

Dan

I've had koxx yellows on a medium grind for the past couple of weeks and they have performed very well. Going from cousts to these the yellows have only slipped twice, but are otherwise on a par with the cousts... only a much louder honk when i'm riding.

why you just getting koxx as i think zoo, plazmatic, and heatsink reds are better i'm also i've heard very good things about coust pads which should be arriving at my door tomorrow :)

edit: all the information about koxx pads that you'l need to know (Y) (wasnt very hard to find)

- Browns remain the choice of a number of riders, outlasting pretty much all the pads on the market, while still providing good performance in all conditions.

- Red and Yellow were later introduced, which boast better dry weather performance with slightly less impressive wear rate. Ideal for those wanting maximum performance in the dry.

- The Blue and Green compounds are designed to perform excellently in wet weather, but still provide good dry-weather performance. An ideal winter pad!

- All colours assembled into brand new Power Pad backings to ensure safety and no clip life problems.

Recommended Use

Brown: Medium grind, dry or wet weather, with or without tar. Great wear life.

Red/Yellow: Medium or light grind, dry weather, with or without tar.

Blue/Green: Medium or light grind, wet weather, without tar.

Edited by onzatprodude

ok... Onza rim , sometimes rainy sometimes sunny , sometimes i slap some tar on

There you go?

Stop being sarcastic, its obviously not geting you anywhere, I think everyone would agree.

Grow up.

Edit: I run browns on a medium grind, works ok without tar, better with tar :)

Edited by ilukeee

Stop being sarcastic, its obviously not geting you anywhere, I think everyone would agree.

Grow up.

He asked a simple question. Why cant he get a simple answer. Does it matter what rim he uses or what grind he uses, just use your own personal expierience. How do you even know he has a bike, maybe he is getting a bike and would like to know what pads to get and if he needs a grind on the rims etc.

Dan

He asked a simple question. Why cant he get a simple answer. Does it matter what rim he uses or what grind he uses, just use your own personal expierience. How do you even know he has a bike, maybe he is getting a bike and would like to know what pads to get and if he needs a grind on the rims etc.

Dan

well there was no need for him to be sarcastic he should put as much information in his post as possile theres no point recomending very hard compound pads to be used on a smooth rim or soft compound pads on a very heavy grind they dont work going on personal experience... at the end of the day were trying to help and there more information the better

also there has been loads of pad posts in the past so you could have used the searched or there is also a pad review section which is very helpful

Dan

Yeah it does matter if he uses a grind or tar....

If hard compound, It'll be better for a grind

If soft compound, It'll be better on a smooth rim with tar.

Were only trying to help? cos he ask for what we recommend..

AND it says he has a bike in his profile.

''Quick Spec a bike with frame , forks , bar ,stem and brakes easy enough?''

Maybe he's suppose to be sarcastic :ermm:

:turned:

:lol: how am i being sarcastic

Cause you were.

I have browns on a medium grind, on a Echo 2006 rim. they work good, have a good hold.

But they nearly worn right out, after buying them second hand with 4mm of pad, now have just over 1.5mm... that was WAY just after new years day...

They good pads.

Next pads are gonna be the greens though (Y)

I've been running the same set of Koxx greens since before October. They're still going fine. Fresh grind every month = Mark's a happy boy. They work really well, and I love them. End of :P

Brown or green would be my recommendation :)

I would go for the brown ones , i heard they are good i will get some myself, different colours are for different weather conditions, so i would be careful what ones you go for, it is approching summer.

:)

It doesn't make that much of a difference, my yellows are supposed to be for dry weather yet they performed brilliantly in the wet on saturday. Shame i can't say the same for my front disc, it started raining and the disk gained braking power, the magura stayed the same... it rained even heavier, the disc got worse and almost failed to stop at all, the magura stayed the same... in fact even in completely torrential rain my koxx yellows retained their squeak and most of their grab.

Koxx yellows out-performed my friends heatsink blues by a shed load.

Were i live i get horrible weather , even when it's sunny in about half an hour it will start to rain (N)

So what would be the best pads for wetness?

Thanks,

Dave

Shame i can't say the same for my front disc, it started raining and the disk gained braking power, the magura stayed the same... it rained even heavier, the disc got worse and almost failed to stop at all, the magura stayed the same... in fact even in completely torrential rain my koxx yellows retained their squeak and most of their grab.

Koxx yellows out-performed my friends heatsink blues by a shed load.

Thats what happened when i got my disk , It just wouldn't stop at all , and it was raining (As usual)