Koxx Vinco

im upgrading form an onza t-mag to a Koxx vinco i just wanted to know peoples opinions on them eg. control weight and anything else please

have a read at this. hope it helps.

Hey all, I finally got out for a good solid 2+ hour ride tonight, the first time in a wile i could ride that long. I'm getting my endurnace back finally. I'm also figuring out how to operate the trials weapon that is the Vinco, the long one.

First of all, holy crap this thing is long (in a good way) it's so easy to lever the front and place it anywhere with ease. It's also cool to be able to roll up on anything, and stick to steep stuff comfortably, and actually stand up in a non-fetal position like on other bikes. I also found out it takes some pretty mad power in your upper body to ride this thing properly, unlike other shorter bikes, where you're mostly weighting your feet, you're about 50/50 arms and legs on the vinco. I love the length when it comes to tossing over a gap, i mean i can just jump forward and not hit the stem just when i'm begrinning to make good power.

There's so much clearance it's ridiculous. I thought my Zoo Pirahna had clearance, but this thing is ridiculous. With pedals level, the tops of my low top skate shoes are above the frame. It makes doing anything ridiculously easily beccause there's almost no way to get low enough to contact the frame. TRA probably could, but i'm a different type of monkey.

The headangle is a bit slack, which i don't like, but it's not too bad. I'd love to have a 73-74deg HA. I've also bent my forks back using some applied heat and leverage and reshaping my fork arms so there's less offset. Next week I plan on getting a Peyto fork, zero offset, 400mm, disk mount for the Avidmechs in 8", i think a completely straight fork would work best. With the offset fork and the headangle it feels mushy when trackstanding and if you've got the bike leaned over, frot wheel turned after upping or summat, it's hard to lever back into upright because the fork mushes out. It felt very chopperish before i bent the fork and maybe took 15-20mm off the offset. That made a big difference. I found out tonignt when i went out and found it easy to fronthop for the first time on this bike. I could actually hop and move backwards on my front wheel now, and it's a lot easier to pop off edges when spinning drops on front.

At first this thing felt like it'd be ridiculous to spin around effectively on, after riding for a while it's feeling a lot shorter when it comes to spining. I can 180 up to rear pretty consistently up small stuff, under 1' high. I can almost inverse 360 completely on this 20" wall that i used to be able to nail with my short frames, it's all in how you spin, get high and pull the bike in towards you.

I'm still trying to figure out this UCI thing though, it's kinda odd not to be able to bunnyhop but it's pretty easy to pedalup or just plain roll in, and brutefoce lift the front and pedalkick hard. I'm staring to get my height back, i'm just about getting wheel high again. Tonight i also figured out how to sideup properly on this beast, and was getting wheel high sideups from rear to both, going to front and levering the rear up. It felt good and once i got through a few sketchy ups, i was able to just pop off rear, plant the front, and shove the bars forward and load up the front tire, the rear flew up ridiculously easy, and i finally grasped the concept of how it's done exactly. The bent fork also helped, becase with the fork like it was, there was no hope of levering the rear up, it would just push the front wheel forward and not load it up.

I've gotta work on my uper body strength now, because it's definitely a lot more shoulders to ride this thing, you gotta be explosive in your arms as well as your legs. It'll come with more riding, I'm already getting back in shape in my arms after not riding for a few months. I've still got a lot of UCI technique to figure out though, and it is a totally different world riding a beast this long, but it's ridiculously fun, and so damn precise it's ridiculous. You just look at where you want to go ant the bike goes there effortlessly.

my opinion of the vinco is

nice frame and if its got a nice spec it should ride really nicely and as it has so much bb rise you can litteratly sit/ stand on the back wheel with out hopping with ease, although i found it hard to ride a vinco i.e. tap gap etc it was fun to ride and you needed a step ladder to get off it and im 6.5 lol but for what the selling pice is i dont think it is worth it but than again i dont know of any other frame of that quality

if you can get a second hand vinco that has been taken care of you have a bargain

hope you enjoy riding stock

I had a Vinco and to be honest it was very nice. very easy to manouver especially on the backwheel. sidehops were great as were gaps and especially gaps to front. taps were awful however and just generally riding the bike felt weird. although the length wasnt a problem. its not great to bunnyhop either. to be honest i wouldnt get 1. i liked mine and it was a fun bike to ride but a low bb bike is so much nicer. more stable and also my vinco cracked and im not a harsh rider so not the best for strength. get a control (Y)

I've never ridden a vinco, but going from a mod to one of the most extreme stocks will take a hell of a long time getting used to it. Maybe try going for a more 'nomal' stock frame?

I've never ridden a vinco, but going from a mod to one of the most extreme stocks will take a hell of a long time getting used to it. Maybe try going for a more 'nomal' stock frame?

It rides similar to a mod, well more similar then a conventional stock anyway