T-vee Vs. T-bird

flamebo57

I know that the T-bird had hydraulic brakes but apart from that are there any other differences e.g frames size?

The diffrenc between the bikes are that an onza t-vee has a smaller 20inch back wheel and has avid vee brakes and the t-bird has hydrolic brakes and has a 19inch back wheel.Plust the t-bird is a stonger frame and is more upgraded. :)

onzaboy scott

The diffrenc between the bikes are that an onza t-vee has a smaller 20inch back wheel and has avid vee brakes and the t-bird has hydrolic brakes and has a 19inch back wheel.Plust the t-bird is a stonger frame and is more upgraded. :)

onzaboy scott

Yep V brakes and 20inch backwheel instead of the usual 19" (Y)

Cheers

Mitch

there is actually quite a bit of difference lets start with the simple bits the onza t vee has avid vee brakes the t bird has maggies the onza t birds frame has four bolt mount and is stronger the t bird has a rear 19"x2.5" reggie and ronnie hog drilled rim where as the t vee has a normall onza rim 20"x2.4" and the front wheel the t bird has a 20"x2.25" hog drilled reggie and ronnie rim where as the t vee has a standered onza 20"x2.25" and im pretty sure thats all i hope ive helped

and the advantage of having a 19 inch back wheel is that there is more surface area with a thickness of 2.5" instead of 2.4"

Cheers BIG L (Y)

Edited by BIG L

there is actually quite a bit of difference lets start with the simple bits the onza t vee has avid vee brakes the t bird has maggies the onza t birds frame has four bolt mount and is stronger the t bird has a rear 19"x2.5" reggie and ronnie hog drilled rim where as the t vee has a normall onza rim 20"x2.4" and the front wheel the t bird has a 20"x2.25" hog drilled reggie and ronnie rim where as the t vee has a standered onza 20"x2.25" and im pretty sure thats all i hope ive helped

and the advantage of having a 19 inch back wheel is that there is more surface area with a thickness of 2.5" instead of 2.4"

Cheers BIG L (Y)

Can you convert that to punctuated English please. I think there may be some good points hidden in there, but as of yet I haven't found any.

Obviously the brakes are different, having maguras is really helpful in trials as opposed to v's.

The t-vee comes with a 20" rear wheel, nearly all mod trials bike these days have a 19" rear wheel, the fatness of the tyre makes up for the extra inch. Having a 20 rear wheel makes the bike difficult to upgrade, so not only do you get better brakes with the t-bird, but the 19" wheel makes things alot easier when you want to start upgrading. Also having a 19" rear wheel gives you a much better riding feel.

As for frame strength i don't think it's really an issue, because by the time you get good enough to start braking frames you'll have replaced it befor then anyway. I don't think there's any different in frame strength between the bird and tee as they're the same frame with the mounts welded on in different places.

You should only get the t-vee if your really strapped for cash, but it's better than nothing.