Stem

Tom_

sorry about all these bits posts but im building a bike :) Can anyone recomend a good stem for my base ta26 please i ride street 99% of the time.

also what are peoples experiences with first class post on frames?

all help apreciated (Y)

tom

Edited by tom132

You can't go wrong with an echo stem then really, or perhaps one of the new hope ones. I run a 90mm echo stem and I'm really pleased with it, I ride mostly street too (Y) A lot of people favour slightly longer stems than that though so maybe go for a 100mm.

Edited by the judge

someone also told me to get a high rise stem to make the bike more flicky. i have also heard that these stems are only realy for bikes with high bottom brackets (my bottom bracket isnt that high being a base) so would i benifit from a high rise stem or a low rise stem such as an echo or zoo stem

cheers (Y)

someone also told me to get a high rise stem to make the bike more flicky. i have also heard that these stems are only realy for bikes with high bottom brackets (my bottom bracket isnt that high being a base) so would i benifit from a high rise stem or a low rise stem such as an echo or zoo stem

cheers (Y)

i ll tell you tomorrow. i currently have a echo stem. 110x5degree but i get a 120x20 degree tomorrow. I bought it to lift the front end up so to put my weight in a better place. ill see how it is and let you know

i dont no if a high rise stem makes the bike more flicky but they do generally suit a rider that does moves such as bunnyhops ect the streetier moves. and i wunt say they are only for high rise bb, but they are usually used by people with a high bb to counter the bb. a lower rise stem usually suits a person who does more technical moves but its entirely up to you.