Echo Pure 2006

stevecoust

over the last few months or so i have heard allot of people asking questions on these frames like the usual " are they any good", " do they ride well " etc. since i have owned for one for about a month and a half i thought i would give my view about it.

well when i came to buy a frame i was left with many choices and ideas about what i wanted but decided on the echo pure because i wanted something reasonably long but short enough so it would be nice and flickable.

good points:

well from first glance at the frame it looks like a slimmed down control but in my opinion it is allot lighter and more manageable. i have found the frame to be good for all aspects of trials whether your into street or natural. the first major difference in my riding when i got on it was backhop height, i went from being able to do 30" to now being able to do 40" with no real problems. i then went on to find my taps,gaps and sidehops had got bigger and easyer, ones i have struggled with before were now a complete breeze.well lets move on to the frame itself it has all your cool bits of todays frames like cnc bb areas and dropouts which look rather nice but they haven't gone over the top with it leaving it light yet strong. the tubes are a nice thickness so they are not like mc donalds straws but they are not like cast iron either, they are butted at each end which nicely finishes them off.as far as building up the bike they are good because you can fit your beasty standard headset, none of the internal rubbish, and you can also fit a shortish bb with a 16 tooth chainring which i have found to run rather nice.

right now for the bad points:

as far as bad points i have very few bad remarks about it. the first bad point i have found with the frame is the chain rubbing in that with my middleburns on (16 tooth) the chain seems to run along the top of the chainstay but with say 18,20,22 tooth this problem could be solved. the next thing is tire width. i personally run a maxxis high roller slow ressay rear tire and found it has fitted really well but if you had say a 2.7 i think you would really struggle to get one in.the last bad point i have is frame flex. i run a magura hs33 4 bolt as i am sure most people use but the is the aspect of frame flex. there isn't much there but there is some, so again the problem is easily solvable by the use of a booster. i am not using a booster and it isn't too bad but i am just saying a perfectionist may want to use one.

thanks for taking the time to read my review on the echo pure 2006 i think i can safely say that the frame is great value for money and has very little to no problems or issues

hope it has helped

steve (Y)

good review in my opinion and why the hell isnt this guy validated

Though theres a good sentence structure present, there was absolutely no use of a capital letter in that review... and that means it was grammatically incorrect. A little bit picky i know but it without them you might as well not bother with full stops either.

Other than that though the review was alright mate, i'm glad your getting along with it (Y)