My Dmr Chain Tensioner Improvement....

MrSuave

Right, Well basicly i was fed up with having to re-bend the spring tension arm on my DMR tension seeker2 and a friend (cheers wolfe!) gave me a real nice cnc'd hanger banger so with a bit of jiggery pokery, a hacksaw and a bench grinder i managed to mate the 2 so that i now have in my opinion the perfect tensioner. I can tension the chain perfectly with no tools, simply undo the quick release apply required pressure to the hanger banger and viola', 1 tensioned chain. also, as the hanger banger fits snug it prevents the mech hanger from being bent too. i sidhoped a square hand rail today, landed smack on the hanger and nothing, just had to retension, which took all of 20sec's!!

You need to trim approx 3-4mm from the area of the banger that clamps onto the frame and also the QR end that come with it. make sure its square or it wont work.

Then you need to grind/file the tensioner so that the banger fits snug, this will need to be done near the bolt area, dont go too far or you will loose the area where the banger allpys pressure.

Take the splined part of the tensioner off completely (2 parts plus the spring arm) and use spacers instead. bolt up, check alignment, tension and bobs your uncle.

If anyone wants pointers or more info, let me know. you will be very happy with the final product if you do it correctly.

MrSuave (Y)

Heres what to it looks like-

(Y) Try using the macro function on your camera (flower symbol) to get the photo's more in focus :)

You have a point to degree but he has explained whats going on and its pretty clear whats going where so try leaving a constructive comment.

Nice one buddy cheers for sharing it with us as im sure stock riders will find it useful

(Y) Try using the macro function on your camera (flower symbol) to get the photo's more in focus :)

Ah! Thats what's the flower's for, I can never be bothered to get the manual out ^_^

Tensioner sounds banging and looks wicked still as well, good work, shame I have a mech...

Steeeve

You have a point to degree but he has explained whats going on and its pretty clear whats going where so try leaving a constructive comment.

Cut him some slack Jack.

Tensioner bodge looks good buddy. I drilled my old dmr one with lots of holes all different sizes but people took the piss lol.

That was constructive, Idiot.

Anyway. I like the idea, so the mech saver pushes the tensioner down? Sounds good :) You'll have to report back in a month or so to see how its going on.

Tom

Flower? thats what its for! no wonder all my ebay stuff looks fuzzy! cheers dude..... (Y)

And as for longevity, ive had it like this for a few months now although i only put the spacers in and really dialled it the other day and so far. no bent hangers, no chain falling off, no slipping, nowt! im rather pleased

Oh and it tensions upwards not down as it looks neater and keeps it more out the way.....

Cheers all!

MrSuave (Y)

Edited by TomNewbold