Old Trials Rider Getting Back Into It

mike425

Hey all. I quit ridin trials about 4 years ago because i got serious about my downhill. Id ridden it for about 6 years previuos to that, this is really the first time ive even looked at anything remotely trials in about 4 years. Wow, things have really changed, new bikes n all, the ridings really progressed. I used to ride the tykes trials, huddersfield falcons, and some of those comps held by the scunthorpe trials club. Are all of these still running or did they bite the dust a while back?

Ive just bought an orange zero frame to build up because im going to sell my leeson, any tips on what forks will be best for that frame? im thinkin the aston ones?

cheers

mike

Cheers for the advice. Im from barnsley. Basically, the leeson is a really nice bike, but it kinda goes back to my days when i was into competing and i really cant see myself getting back into that, i rode comps for about 4 years and just got a bit sick of certain aspects of it if you get me, im just wanting to build up a bike that is basically just a small normal mtb to ride street/natural stuff and do the odd comp on!

For some reason, i always have liked the orange hardtails, think its the mono downtube or something lol

cheers

mike

Yeah, thats understandable, I suppose it is nice to have a change.

The oranges are very nice bikes, although ive heard some are pretty easy

to snap at the chainstay, but i think they fixed that problem on the later models.

They go for quite reasonable prices on places like ebay now.

You should be validated soon, then you could also keep an eye out for bargains on here (Y)

yeh, i remember seeing the orange at the bike show years ago, it was only a proto back then, but it was really nice. Ithink kirs leeson had something to do with developoing those in the early stages as well.

Adam, funnily enough, ive got that exact same bike as yours in your sig in my garage, looking a bit worse for wear though, really nice bikes though.

cheers

mike