Hubs

mods

apologies if this isn't int the right section, but why do people have there hubs sounding loud? i watched adams (tarty) latest vid (riding was ace by the way) and i wondered why is the hub was so loud?... it has obviously been done on purpose... surely it's bad for the hub, not that it's a prob for him having a shop and all. or is it just ' cool '?

thx shay

Yeah because lots of people put microphones in their hubs and little speakres on their wheel to make them sound good :- Get a grip they have been well serviced thats all and the pro 2 is a lovely sounding hub and I think its love should be shared. It gets picked up so easily by the cameras due the the frequency of the sound that it gives off.

Edited by CBProductions

Yeah it is 'cool' to have a loud hub, but thats not the reason people do. In what way is it bad for the hub to have really positive engagements? Surely its pretty obviouse that if it is a strong engagement then it will be a louder click and will therefore skip less - better for the hub me thinks :turned:

It has been services by the tart himself so that probably means it has been cleaned with wd40 or something and then lubed up with finish line. Its nothing bad to have a loud hub at least you can hear it and know weather its running rouch or something. My xc is that loud.

Clarky