Phil Feeney

PhilFromLuton

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
http://tv.isg.si/site/?q=filebrowser/Robwalker

I know it s a bit late, but i had to dig it out again today and thought i might aswell share it with everyone, and would be nice to hear some new younger people have a similar debate?

Enjoy

I love you!

Ive been wanting this for as long as I can remember, I had a topic up not so long ago but had no luck.

I am one of the younger riders and I still think this is an amazing video.

Thanks.

Speechless...

Well being one of those young riders, Id say thats probaly the way the sport will head, everyone needs to be more creative, and stop filming doing one move, but put togeather all the moves that you learn, to make attractive lines, like Phil Feeney does.

Now after watching that, I want to go and ride...Byeeeeeeeeeeee!

i've always liked Phil's videos (edit5 being my fave), and this one is as good as ever

but as for the "is it art or vandalism" question? well Phil, you DID do a peg grind on the BMX (mark 2min 03sec on the vid) and the picnic tabel didn't prop itself up against the wall by itself (mark 1min 37sec on the vid) so from that angle, "yes - some of it IS vandalism"

but before you all start getting ready to blast me out - please read on.

i agree that local councils don't do enough for cyclists/bmx'ers/skaters etc and (as a result) local architecture gets abused. whenever i'm out riding urban, i tend to look at the low edges and steps for signs of skater/inline/bmxer damage - and the sad thing is that if i see any, then i know that security is gonna be watching to make sure there's no more done - and if i DON'T see any, then security is VERY good!

now, my argument to any security guard who comes hassling me (and bear in mind kids, here in the USA they carry guns and don't like people dicking around near Government buildings) is that i'm not causing any more damage to the stairs or the planters than if some kid was walking on them. only the rubber of my tyres goes on those surfaces - nothing more.

so - what do/can we do about it?

1 - limit any grinds strictly to skate parks. if you don't have one, try to lobby for one to be built.

2 - don't be a dick to security guards or use foul language. you'll just piss them off.

3 - if you have to move anything (i.e. picnic tables) be sure to put them back - but i'd advise against moving them anyways

4 - be respectful of other road users and pedestrians - these are the people who make the 'nuisance calls' to the police

5 - understand that you have no "right" to ride on other people's property. if they ask you to leave an area that is not for public use then politely do so.

we've all got to understand that as much fun as it is to rip-up the streets like we do, there HAS to be some sort of compromise. as long as riders keep grinding and damaging public property, hassling pedestrians and annoying security guards there will ALWAYS be people who see you as a 'destructive element' of society and they will probably win any case. and then you'll see a LOT more "No Cycling" signs up!

here in OKC (Oklahoma City) there is a 'bike ban' on an entire area of Downtown BECAUSE of BMXers ripping up the local architecture. no bikes at all - not even on the road! pray that it doen't get that bad over there!

Do you actually ride your bike or are you scared of falling through the floor and getting shouted at.

If that happend where would we ride ever. If i look somewhere a skater or bmxer has been i think bollocks its waxed.

America sounds like dicks to be honest If you get told to move on you move on and there ok with you. simple