Echo Rear Free Hub

eskimo

I'm looking into getting a Echo freehub. A Echo rim, Echo sprocket and I've already got some echo cranks.

I'm currently running a Viz hub, Viz Sprocket, Viz rim and a Eno freewheel.

I'm so fed up with the chain going slack then tight and having it bounce all around! Even the Eno holds nice its such a pain.

So your thoughts on my current setup and the new setup...

Thanks again!

The reputation of the Echo hubs in general here is pretty negative, and that's putting it f**king mildly. To be honest, I'd wait at least 6 months before buying one of those Echo freehubs. Let the early customers (sorry, I meant test riders, I forgot it's a Deng product) have to deal with spending loads of money on a hub that's going to blow up. If they blow up - you've saved money. If they don't - buy one if you want one. Just gotta hope they learn to use bearings that don't explode, axles that don't shear, and pawls and ratchets that work without dying. Not too much to ask :rolleyes:

I think Mark hes on about buying it off Tom Tom, as there was only ever 1! Echo Freehub in the world and it was mine (before selling it to Tom). its impossible for the Echo freehub to blow up, it skips for 1 reason, and thats due to its spring mecanism coming loose. Once the springs tight its perfect :)! until it comes loose again.

I'd still rather not have that problem with a hub, ever. Plus the way that all other Echo hub axles snap is a bit disconcerting? I guess if you want an "exclusive" rear hub you could give it a try, but I'd rather just go for a Profile or something, or just try and work out what's giving you grief with your current setup?

I think Mark hes on about buying it off Tom Tom, as there was only ever 1! Echo Freehub in the world and it was mine (before selling it to Tom). its impossible for the Echo freehub to blow up, it skips for 1 reason, and thats due to its spring mecanism coming loose. Once the springs tight its perfect :)! until it comes loose again.

as it says, works fine, i have even tighted the spring up amazingly tight, nice and loud B) and doesnt skip, also its the origonal 72 eps version, can only by the 48 eps version.

tom tom