Tips On Doing A Trick

dwarrick

Keep practicing riding up, endoing and then let go of the front brake. As you start you'll be quite scared so you wont endo enough and the wheel will roll forwards. The higher up you go, the bike will start to go out underneath you. GRAB YOUR FRONT BRAKE! You've got to keep doing this until you get more confident about braking lightly with the front brake to get a nice movement downwards :)

Also, ask Danny Holroyd for more tips ;)

you have to endo high enough to think your deff gonna go over the bars and hit your face !

then let go of your brake.

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

try it on skate part ramps too, quarter pipes kik u up there well nicely !!

iolo.

you have to endo high enough to think your deff gonna go over the bars and hit your face !

then let go of your brake.

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

iolo.

easier said than done ey? ;)

i practiced on a grass verge as its not as harsh if you fall. lol

JK

great thanks for the tips guys.

time to practice and then practice alot more but it will be worth it

you'll be there a long time :)

I reckon learning squeakers (where you roll yourself backward using your foot on the front wheel) is the best place to start - itll get you used to the idea of staying on the front and moving.

i can't do it for shit though so im probably not a good person to hand out tips

Keep practicing riding up, endoing and then let go of the front brake. As you start you'll be quite scared so you wont endo enough and the wheel will roll forwards. The higher up you go, the bike will start to go out underneath you. GRAB YOUR FRONT BRAKE! You've got to keep doing this until you get more confident about braking lightly with the front brake to get a nice movement downwards :)

Also, ask Danny Holroyd for more tips ;)

they are officially the best thing to practice whilst delerious with heat, eh matt? :P

The key is learning that when you're going backwards, pulling the front brake will bring the back down to earth. That might seem obvious, but for me it was really hard to co-ordinate because you'll be used to doing endos where if you're too far forward you can let go of the brake and come back down. Whereas when you're going backwards it's completely the other way round.

Basically you have to go really far forwards, way past the balance point, and then let the brake off. If you're gonna fall forward, all you have to do is squeeze the brake. It's as simple as that :unsure:

Definitely, anything with a fairly steep transition is a piece of piece to learn on, although it's not the same as just doing a steep slope or something.

If you're doing it on a slope that's not amazingly steep something, try and do one sqeaker "scuff" to get you rolling, and just feather the brake (Y)

just giving kinda an update and tips on what i am learning fopr anyone who saw this post adn started trying this too.

i am practicing doing the trick on just flat ground by grabbing the front brake and doing a footjam. once i get the front end high enough i give the tire a good kick back to get momentum and get the bike even higher in the air. one thing i found out that helped alot thou is when you are first getting the rear of the bike in the air, keep the foot that is still on the pedal flat to the ground. when i first started doing it my left foot (the one on the pedal) would not be flat to the ground, so when i started going backwards my foot would change postion and kill my balance.