Onza T-mag

El Cristoff

yes i had one of the spec 2 ones and it was fab to learn on, quite good value for money and never really had any problems with it, now have a zona zip as it is bit longer and i need a long bike as i am very lanky.

But over all the tmag is a very good frame but week as well as i have heard that they snap easy, and that your better off getting a t-pro as they are stronger and cheaper.

Dan

heloo.

ive got a t-mag, but i can tell u if there any good as i have not had the chance to ride on any other bikes, ive heard the frame is a bit dodgy so i mite go for one of those ZHI mod frames. the acs needs to go if you have got one.

max

heloo.

ive got a t-mag, but i can tell u if there any good as i have not had the chance to ride on any other bikes, ive heard the frame is a bit dodgy so i mite go for one of those ZHI mod frames. the acs needs to go if you have got one.

max

zhi aren't very strong either or so i've heard :ermm:

I've just bought a second hand T-mag, have i done the wrong thing, I'm not heavy (just under 9 stone and I'm 17) I'm also a right short ass. I'm probably an advanced beginner.

how easily do the frames snap and where abouts?

If it snaps then it snaps, and s**t happens, so I'm not too fussed i suppose. But when i read things like that i get concerned.

Bob

You have done the right thing if you ride UCI style (not touching the obstecals exept with your wheels). I think t T-mag is not a very good bike but the components are good on it e.g brakes, wheels, forks and maybe the bars and stem, actually come to think of it it's not the bike it's the frame it's crap it is really short and weak. They usually crack just above the bashplate or just behind it. Onza have not done a very good job with making this bike (N). And watch out for your bashplate breaking as my mate has snapped 3 in 2 months >_< .

Edited by BIG L

I've bought an 05 model which should be slightly stronger.

The components were mainly what attracted me to it, it is a spec 2 but with try-all bars and stem and its got echo team brake boosters and decent enough wheels and hope trial disk brake.

I can put up with upgrading a frame if it brakes, but having to replace components because they brake really pisses me off somehow. It's just the way i am, i can't explain it.

Bob

:ermm: Has anyone actually, personally, broken one? I've got one and i've hit it on the bash etc. hard looooads of times and its fine!

Cheers

i put a dent in mine where the top bash plate bolt goes and i barely hit the wall i was on. If i had of hit it with force it'd of probably cracked all the way round and my frame would of been shagged. Seriously just use your t - pro.

hey mate. i've got a t-mag, its my second bike and they are great to learn on B) the only problem i've had with mine was, i had the bike 3 days and discovered how soft the frame is...my downtube is dented in several places now :( i would say if you've got a t-pro then keep it! you'll be wasting your money on a t-mag as they aren't any better then the t-pros :huh:

hope i helped, sheppy ^_^

hey mate. i've got a t-mag, its my second bike and they are great to learn on B) the only problem i've had with mine was, i had the bike 3 days and discovered how soft the frame is...my downtube is dented in several places now :( i would say if you've got a t-pro then keep it! you'll be wasting your money on a t-mag as they aren't any better then the t-pros :huh:

hope i helped, sheppy ^_^

yer you helped, cheers mate :D

The new ones have a new style bash. But the old style ones had a bash that pierced like a coke can. I think trialsboy560 did it. Search in trials chat as he had pic's. (Y)

Yer it was jay that got the bash area redesigned I think after what happened to his lol

• 2 weeks later...
I've got one and i've hit it on the bash etc. hard looooads of times and its fine!

...Maybe not... I was riding yesterday and i noticed that where the front bash mount is, I have made a huge dent in the frame. Which is just from where I've hit a wall hard on the bash. (N)

New members are acctually full of f**kin' shit. Really are!

Them ZHI mod frames are shit, ive seen like 20 crack in that massive cnc block, f**kin' shit, and echo teams, them holes are well shit, propper crackyyyy happyyyyyyy.

oh my god.

Really starting to annoy me now.

Mat