Echo Freehub

Joey B

I want to put a freehub on my bike and would love a profile mini cassette hub, BUT they don't come 32h and that would mean i'd have to buy a 36h rim and new spokes as well. I looked on tarty bikes and found the echo freehub and saw it comes 32h. Firstly performance wise how well do they do and secondly do the make the sweet sounds a Profile or Chris King make.

Edited by fugigas

save up and get the profile on a nice new rim like a try all or ronnie. it will be lurvely you could also get some primo coloured spokes aswell then you will have an ultimate wheel ;)

Edited by tom132

If experience has taught me anything, it's to let the fashion victims rinse through the first batch of any new Deng product, 'cos they'll all f**k up. Then, when Deng sorts it out for the second batch, you may possibly have a decent product. Just gotta hope Deng's learnt how to make decent axles, buy decent bearings, and use decent internals this time round ;)

from what iv heard the new deng hubs are almost identical to the profiles (apparently even the cassette body can be

swapped over ;) ) but the deng hubs have japanese bearings so should theoretical be better. i had a fondle

of the hubs at tartybikes the other day and the quality is very impressive, much better than any other of his

older products i'm very tempted to get rid of my king to get one

Edited by wad

Whatever you do, dont lace it to a ronnie. They ARE cheese. Mine lasted a couple of months and then died complelty, was a sorry site. Get a kris holm, i swear by them, almost enough to start campaigning for tarty to start selling them

As for the hub, I'd be tempted to get one of these new deng hubs, but my profile _pwns at the moment. Its no skipped for about 12 months (honestly) so if you want something that'll work get a profile + kris holm. As a really harsh rider I reccommend it :)

Otherwise see what other rims you can lace a deng hub to. What rim did you have in mind?

Profile + Kris Holm rim ***.

Eh PaRtZ? ;):P

But seriously, I haven't had any problems with my Profile.

Never badly skipped, maybe skipped 1 engagement, but made fook all difference.

If you leave it, it'll be fine.

It's the people that decide to fiddle around that usually f**k them up. :P