Bmx Helmets

Thom

Hey Hey, looking at buying a bmx helmet particularly a protec one. I was looking at a white one with red straps like the one Rowan Johns was wearing in his last vid, the only one I've found with that colour is the Lasek model. Is that the one ? I heard that the skate helmets are different to the BMX ones where BMX helmets are stronger and protect your head better ?

Any info would be great thanks !

mine is the bucky lasec pro model yah ....

but

as they dont meet british standards (featured on newsround !! hahaha) they arent really sold here anymore...

basically - the one i have is a clearish plastic shell with some hardish foam padding and head pad bits. Its lightweight comfy and I think will protect me for trials knocks - which are knocks front and rear really. (but dont think you'll survive in a car crash) and i dont have to replace it everytime i fall on my head.

As you are in australia you may be able to find one... but they seem pretty scarce everywhere...

the other alternative is to get the new bucky lasec pro model one, that has the full on compressed polystyreneee type protection = not as good looking, heavier, brittle, but i suppose is more likely to save your life . . .

hope that helps ?

PM me if you want to ask me anything

RJ

I can get two models from protec over here and funnily enough the lasek is one of them so I can actually get it pretty easily. The other is the classic. From just looking at the pictures it looks like the classic is more 'safer'.

Is this the case or is it really just the same thing? I do prefer the look of the lasek though and I'm definitely liking the lightweight part, as the other BMX style helmets i've tried have been quite heavy feeling.

Also in terms of sizing. On my Bell XC helmet I'm a medium 56-58 cm, should I get a medium or large ? I can't really try it on as i'm going to order it over the net.

http://www.strictlybmx.com/categories.asp?cID=50

Thanks for the reply Rowan (Y)

Edited by norco_trials