Help With Getting Onto The Back Wheel

Right, i can hop about easy enough on the back wheel, and hop up small ledges, curbs etc on the back wheel, but my problem is, the way i get up onto the back wheel.

To do so, i either do a small endo, then rock back, or jus lock both brakes and pull up - both these seem to work, but often leave me a bit far away from the obstacle.

but if i try to start with both wheels on the ground, then kick forward on the pedals, land on the back wheel and pull the back brake, as soon as i pull the brake, the front end drops back down again.

any tips? would be much appreciated

I found that the only way to learn was to lean back, until the bike rolls from under you, keep doing this(preferably on grass :D) until you can just about stop the bike with the brake. You may find that a small endo into this is better, as to not throw the bike from under you so violently. But don't give up, after you fall - keep practicing!

if you ride with other people who can stay on the back wheel, you should watch and learn (Y)

but really you will figure out how to stay on the backwheel your self and when you do,Dont forget to pull the back brake when you land a trials hop :P or some one wont be a happy chappy :D

Edited by RLC